1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b20 block b16 head into a 95 delsol

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by delsol_racer, Mar 19, 2007.

1. delsol_racer

delsol_racer Junior Member

so im tird of tha motor i just put into my car.
    i want something strong, so i was talking to my friends and they told me i can get a b20 block and tranny off tha net for around 500. and he had a b16 vtec head for 200 then i need a vtec kit off tha net for around 200. so im looking at 900 dollers for tha swap.
    also what im asking is what else am i going to need?
    as in axles intake mainfold i hve b series headers will i have to change tha hube as well? and will a 90 teg b18 fit tha b16 head?

please if you know let me know cuz i dont want to spend too much on this motor

thankyou

2. jomarlin123

jomarlin123 K-5eRiEs Is ThE 5HiT.....

I think you need to change the Water Pump,Timing Belt I think it has to be a B16 belt and water pump and try to find a performance shop to get the vtec kit i bought my kit for $120 ,The head gasket has to be a B20 . I guess thats it for now.

3. delsol_racer

ill check it out and tha vtec kit had tha head gasket in it that y its so much it comes wiht tha oil lines tha tap and thread thing and tha head gasket and all tha fittings. but ill check out tha local performace shop danm im starting to think that its too much to go b20 vtec being that im on a budget

is that what you have in ur car nd if so how is tha performance?

4. jomarlin123

Something Like that i have a Ls/V-Tec But with a 94 Integra Block With a 93 Gsr head it all right i guess.

5. delsol_racer

nice i want to get this b20 vtec and go turbo eventually but i dont hav tha money right now and im going to school in a few months so yea

do u think tha intake mainfold and cv axles from a 90 teg fit it?

6. jomarlin123

Im not sure there ...I think it all depends on wat car its going on .

7. delsol_racer

everythings going on to my 95 del sol im not sure yet i need to look more into it but i have been working for tha last 4 days so i havent had a chance

8. jomarlin123

I coyuld find out for you and let you knoe by tonight or tomorow so most defitenately keep me posted on that cause right now i have to step out for a couple of hours.

9. delsol_racer

ok well i havent bought tha motor yet
    do u know where i can get a b20 block? by ne chance?

10. dtob

dtob New Member

I wouldn't go with the b20 if you want to turbo it. Unless you want to resleeve it. The sleeves on the b20 are too thin for boost pressure above 5psi. If you are going turbo and your not resleeving it then I'd go with the ls/vtec or just straight gsr.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

11. jomarlin123

12. delsol_racer

what is resleeving it new pistions?
    i know one of my friends had a b20 with a b16 tranny turbo and he was one of tha fastes people in tha 831 area thats kinda sad but
    im just looking for something that is not too hard and has a lot of power and wont cost me tooo much i want something more than a b16 cuz thats what every one has around here so i want something that can kick off my team cuz this stock shit aint cutting it. and i have a b18 in my friends hatch well its almost done but i need a ls wiring harness
    so turbo wont come till way way later and by then i will prolly go with another motor for that reason but for now i just want a strong motor like a b20 vtec

i guess i can go ls vtec but i rather go b20 vtec
    im not too sure im asking a friend for a b20 block tomarrow when i see him he said he has one laying around somewhere can i use my d15 stock intake on tha b16 head?
    i dont htink i can but i could be wrong

13. dtob

dtob New Member

Resleeving it is pretty self explanatory. You send out your block and have some new thicker cylinder sleeves installed. Can cost big $$$. The reason for this is that the sleeves in the B20 are pretty thin for big boost. Yes you are right a B20Vtec Turbo would be a Killer setup though. If you are just going NA for now that would be a very strong setup and a D15 intake would not fit.

14. delsol_racer

well i jsut talked to a friend and he has a b20 block bottom end is built and i think he said an ls vtec head and that its set up for turbo so ill stick with that for now

so with tha b20 block will ihave to run obd2 if tha head id obd1?
    im not sure and whats tha best ecu?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted