b20 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
well i was talking to calesta, and he helped me put together a setup that will hopefully push 200+ hp, and take me into the deep 13's, if not 12's. let me know what you think!

*b20 bottom end
*Pistons
IB Spec 12.1:1
*rods
IB spec I-Beam
*bore match, balance
cylenders, crank, etc
*ITR Trannsmission
*Web custom ground Camshafts
jun3 specs
*Springs//retianers
undecided. commments on this?
*intake manifold
Skunk 2
*intake manifold gasket
hondata
*new lost motion assembly
*clutch
ACT xt/ss
*flywheel
Fidanza 7.5 lb

undecided on header as well, i want to keep it somewhat cheap on this one.. suggestions?!?

now to save some money, we thought a CTR intake cam, and ITR exhaust cam would work pretty good as well.

now i was trying to get this all in for about $4000, but it is comming to ~$5500 depending on what kind of deals i can get, and how much it will cost me to have someone assemble and tune it. i'm not really worried about spending that much more, it will just take me a while longer to save up that amount.

maybe i can get someone to sponsor me? *cough*IB*cough* :lol: :ph34r: :worthy:

called sarcasm....

how about some comments on theparts list?

I think it sounds like a bitchin' setup, plus it will handle better and be lighter than that H22 idea you had. The OEM cams are a good idea and allow you to save up till you can get some cams that will really push that motor. Though you will for sure fly with that set up. My buddy mark has a similar LS/VTEC setup, and he has 45,000 miles on it and so far it has been real reliable, he changes the oil every 2,000 miles though, and takes awesome care of it. With that set up you will see great torque and horsepower.

Look to be a beautiful setup. I'd use the CTR ITR cams instead of the WEBs and just save up for Toda B's with Toda valvetrain. Those cams roxors my boxors.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 11 2004, 07:40 PM
which ITR tranny? JDM LSD ITR hopefully?

that would be the one. i've heard that the crt tranny would be better though, as i wont be in vtec when i'm going 85 down the freeway?

NO BOOSSTTTT!!!

get that outta your head B. it would be nice, but i dont want to mess with a turbo, or n2o .

Im not a big fan of the B20 really.

The cylinder walls on a B20 are initially weaker than an LS motor. If I was to build a block, I'd try to pick up a cheap LS block, sleeve it to 84mm to make the 2.0L setup.

that is a stronger setup and is much stronger.

Here's what I would do...
Exospeed Stage 4 Race block
* 84mm 12:1 pistons
* Eagle Rods
* Complete rebuild with new OEM parts.

Head: VTEC head
* Supertech Valvetrain
* RS Machines cams
* Supertech Stainless steel valves/Nitride coated

Manifold: Skunk2

Flywheel and clutch.
B16 trans
hondata

that right there is about $5500.
but a Stronger Block.
which I am sure will hit about 200-210hp to the wheels

that sounds like a pretty good set up as well.. i'll consider that too. i'm still a while out, and i hope to make this happen around spring break next year..
basically, i am trying to get into the low 13's, preferably sky high 12's for around $5000..

btw.. the numbering system on your performance block is whacked..

B18A/B, B18C1/5, B16A, B20 - Stage 4: All motor or Turbo $2,776.00

1. ARIAS Racing Pistons
2. Piston rings
3. Eagle performance rods
4. RS custom sleeved block
3. NEW OEM HONDA Bearings
4. Bottom end gasket kit
5. New OEM HONDA Oil pump
6. Bore, hone, step decked, resurfaced,
and hot tank block
7. Oil Filter
8. Assembly

lol.

crt tranny is basicly the USDM ITR tranny or the SI tranny with an LSD. Still a great tranny, but the 98spec ITR tranny is so nice. Do what adam did. He used his VAFC to set his VTEC point high on the road to save gas. Finally he just did a LS fifth gear conversion. Very nice if you know how to do that

Originally posted by 90 accord+May 12 2004, 12:45 AM-->
revolution8k
@May 11 2004, 07:40 PM

that would be the one. i've heard that the crt tranny would be better though, as i wont be in vtec when i'm going 85 down the freeway?

my 98+ ITR tranny in 5th gear (with 205/50/15s) has me at about 4300 RPM at 80MPH
VTEC isnt till 5600RPM (around 100MPH)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 12 2004, 02:17 AM-->
Originally posted by 90 accord@May 12 2004, 12:45 AM
revolution8k
@May 11 2004, 07:40 PM

my 98+ ITR tranny in 5th gear (with 205/50/15s) has me at about 4300 RPM at 80MPH
VTEC isnt till 5600RPM (around 100MPH)

thats the same as on my Si... vtec kicks in 5th gear right at 100 mph...

5 grand is a good budget. Very good.

I got new Billet VTEC cams that are dyno proven on a motor making 257 WHP, and I am selling them for $500 shipped.

roy.jpg

well, I think our pistons have the world record for 84 MM bore and 11.8:1 compression. And thats with crower Stage 3 cams. The cams above are slightly better.

Honestly, with no bull, I have never seen another dyno graph with a motor as strong as that with even 12.5:1 compression pistons from any other company in 84 MM bore with a head thats not milled and stock gasket. CRV block, stock deck height.

So you could get a sleeved, fully built block, valvetrain, cams, cam gears all for like $3900 shipped to your house and have an extra $1100 to get an SMSP header, TB and intake manifold and make 220+ on 91 octane.

and if you have 93 octane, we go with 12.8:1 pistons, where we have made 247 WHP on those!

Also, I will end the debate on who makes the best sleeve with an independent test I am having done on all the major sleeving companies. I had the same test done for 7 piston companies and I know the results and will post them soon enough. the metal lab still has them. testing density and etc..

I have done independent tests on springs, retainers, pistons, and checked out everything else I sell. Next on the list is sleeves.

How about I get you:

Square ported head
IB Spec valvetrain
Retainers
new seals
Fully built, sleeved block with IB Spec pistons and GE HD sleeves (supreme)
The best cams I have tested
AND cam gears for:
$5000 shipped to your house? All we have to do is put in "super duper" pistons and that motor just made 250+ last week! Dynojet. haha.

good luck with your build. I think we pretty much have mastered the art of 11 second motors for lower cost. It took years to learn, but now, we have it down, all you need is the car.
Exospeed has a great CRX we were going to put a motor in once like 2 years ago. That thing is awesome. Will can drive and his single slam went 13's all day like what? 3 years ago? Damn, imagine with 250 WHP.

Jeff

dood JEFF! hows it goin man. long time no talk :)

I dont see you much on the net.. glad to hear you are still around here and there.

Wil

p.s. dont know if you are still a big H series fan... but Im building a mean ass H motor for another CRX we have. the H is coming back !! :)

Jeff- those are some really nice numbers- but that torque curve in your graph looks really jumpy.

I think $5000 is his budget including assembly and installation- not just for parts.

Back