B20 crank in a B18c block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spankyomally

I have a B18C with a bad crank. I was given a B20 crank from a friend and told it would work, but I am unsure. I don't want to build the whole motor again only to find it won't. If it would work, what would be the final CR and displacement?
Thanks in advance.

i dont think he'll have to line bore the mains. im pretty sure you can just match the block code to the crank code for proper bearing fitment. you will however need the LS/B20 rods. your gsr rods wont work with that crank.

i dont think he'll have to line bore the mains. im pretty sure you can just match the block code to the crank code for proper bearing fitment. you will however need the LS/B20 rods. your gsr rods wont work with that crank.

:yes:

i dont know why. the bearing codes are there for a reason. to get proper clearance. you wouldnt have to line bore if you were swapping a gsr crank from another engine. so when do it with a b20? they have the same main size. theres always some tolerance when manufacturing but thats where the codes come in.

now a situation where you DO have to line bore the mains is if you do something like ARP main studs, where it uses a different torque then the stock bolts.

Back