B20 CRV into a 91 Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alvin

Hey guys,

My 91 prelude (orignal B20 @ 190Kmiles) has a nasty knock/tapping going on and i'm looking at swapping a complete JDM or CRV longblock. Is this just a bolt in and go deal? Shoudl it bolt up using the stock motor mounts/tranny etc?

Thanks a bunch

CRV engines are OBD 2, so it wouldn't be just a drop in and go. Whether or not it bolts up is another deal. Don't know.

nah dude it isn't gonna bolt right in- The b20a5 in the prelude is the only b series motor that doesn't share the mounts with the rest of the b-series- There might be a way to make it get in there but imo it really isn't worth it-

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 30 2003, 07:56 PM
nah dude it isn't gonna bolt right in- The b20a5 in the prelude is the only b series motor that doesn't share the mounts with the rest of the b-series- There might be a way to make it get in there but imo it really isn't worth it-

The motor mount locations on the motor aren't the same?

If they are the same style motors I should be able to use the factory intake manifold/exhaust/sensors with just the new block/head.

I mean the motor that cam out of it is a B20, whats different about a late model b20?

That doesn't make sence.. Would you share where you've learned this?

I'm trying to get familiar with my new import car.

Back