B20 Crv Or B18b Swap+ Turbo!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nathantactics

Hey everyone I want to swap a B20 CRV or B18B long block into my 1995 integra RS. The reason for the swap is my current B18B has high mileage. ANyhow I am also going to turbo it either using a greddy or rev hard kit. However I need to know the + and - of the B20 versus the B18B

basicly the advantage of a B20 over a B18 is the extra displacement
if you already have the b18 why dont you put the money into building up the motor thats in there now instead of getting another stock engine.... it might cost a little more over all ... but you will have a much more reliable setup

if money don't count, go for the B20. B18B would be great set-up for turbo application, but it's up to you. :D

I would go with the b20. If you get the b20b from the earlier CR-V, it comes stock with 8.8:1 compression so you could turbo it from the start, get a good manifold cause the stock b20 intake mani. is too tall. Let me know when you want to get rid of your b18b, I would be interested in taking it off you hands in a few weeks. good luck with your swap.

then sleeve it to 84mm
it will only cost you a little more and youll have a stronger engine

or do you just NEED to have it say "B20" on it????

why not just rebuild the motor you have? if your going to turbo any motor its not a bad idea to build it up with aftermaket parts anyway. :huh:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 9 2003, 10:45 PM
then sleeve it to 84mm

Having it say "B20" is a nice thing... although now having mine say "B18C1" is an even better advantage... I just have to come up with a plausible story on why I have a B16 head on it. "Duh... I killed the head and this was the cheapest thing to put on it, yeah. It's just a GSR with a lower compression setup on the B16 head, no big deal."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 10 2003, 12:45 AM
then sleeve it to 84mm

werd, your old motor rebuilt, and sleeved, will be much stronger, and the same size, and be practically brand new. fuck a b20

Like they all be sayin, rebuild your engine, sleeve it, bore it, build it up, and turbo it, hey, sounds like what i am doin, sorta hah...

in my opinion since you got the b18 already (like everyone rebuild it) use what you have. if you must... then sell the 1.8 banger and get you a 2.0 banger... what you pay is what you get right? i just want to mention is that b20b have weak cylinder wall but you should know that already... but i know some people like to boost with stock internals around 5-8psi... i havent boost my b20b yet but i wouldnt recommend boostin without new cylinder wall. good luck and choose wisey!! hehe

Back