1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20 Crv Or B18b Swap+ Turbo!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by nathantactics, Apr 9, 2003.

1. nathantactics

nathantactics Junior Member

Hey everyone I want to swap a B20 CRV or B18B long block into my 1995 integra RS. The reason for the swap is my current B18B has high mileage. ANyhow I am also going to turbo it either using a greddy or rev hard kit. However I need to know the + and - of the B20 versus the B18B

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

basicly the advantage of a B20 over a B18 is the extra displacement
    if you already have the b18 why dont you put the money into building up the motor thats in there now instead of getting another stock engine.... it might cost a little more over all ... but you will have a much more reliable setup

3. if money don't count, go for the B20. B18B would be great set-up for turbo application, but it's up to you. :D

4. MACspeed

MACspeed Junior Member

I would go with the b20. If you get the b20b from the earlier CR-V, it comes stock with 8.8:1 compression so you could turbo it from the start, get a good manifold cause the stock b20 intake mani. is too tall. Let me know when you want to get rid of your b18b, I would be interested in taking it off you hands in a few weeks. good luck with your swap.

5. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

rebuild your current motor

6. nathantactics

nathantactics Junior Member

my engine has 150,000 miles it needs rebuilding but I would rather get a B20

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

then sleeve it to 84mm
    it will only cost you a little more and youll have a stronger engine

or do you just NEED to have it say "B20" on it????

8. luVTEC

luVTEC Senior Member

why not just rebuild the motor you have? if your going to turbo any motor its not a bad idea to build it up with aftermaket parts anyway. :huh:

9. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Having it say "B20" is a nice thing... although now having mine say "B18C1" is an even better advantage... I just have to come up with a plausible story on why I have a B16 head on it. "Duh... I killed the head and this was the cheapest thing to put on it, yeah. It's just a GSR with a lower compression setup on the B16 head, no big deal."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

werd, your old motor rebuilt, and sleeved, will be much stronger, and the same size, and be practically brand new. fuck a b20

11. civ90hb

civ90hb Senior Member

Like they all be sayin, rebuild your engine, sleeve it, bore it, build it up, and turbo it, hey, sounds like what i am doin, sorta hah...

12. JDMFreak405

JDMFreak405 Junior Member

in my opinion since you got the b18 already (like everyone rebuild it) use what you have. if you must... then sell the 1.8 banger and get you a 2.0 banger... what you pay is what you get right? i just want to mention is that b20b have weak cylinder wall but you should know that already... but i know some people like to boost with stock internals around 5-8psi... i havent boost my b20b yet but i wouldnt recommend boostin without new cylinder wall. good luck and choose wisey!! hehe

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted