B20 CRV turbo?? any good tips

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crvtec417

im looking to turbo my 99 crv. it has a b20z series motor with a couple mods.. anyone know what im gettin into or ant good ideaS??

They can be turbocharged. Never actually saw a B20 turboed in a CRV, but as long as there is clearance it should work out well.

Shouldn't a moderator move this thread to the forced induction thread? I bet he'd get alot more help over there.^_^

it shouldnt be any harder than turboing any other b series honda. the only thing is that you will probly have to modify the intercooler piping, or have it custom made. but thats really not a big deal. if you are leaving the engine stock internally, i think 250whp would be a good goal. it will be torquey too.

yup thats what im hoping for. intercooler piping isnt a biggie but i got a feeling chipping the ecu is gna burn a hole in my pocket. any ideas on that?

find a local tuner near you, thats your best bet. see what they can tune with (or like to tune with) and go from there. some guys will chip your ecu and tune it on chrome for cheap. a better option that is still fairly inexpensive is Neptune. my tuner installed it on my ecu and dyno tuned my car for $300. it has all the features of hondata S300 for less money, and is a much better and possibly safer program than one of the free ones like Chrome.

Im trying to get a brand new DOHC vtec motor or my 96 civic, you know anywhere i can get new motors, or just plain old used? i tried lookin on ebay and craigslist and that shits beat. I'm going to be rebuilding my Civic for show room purposes.

both of you are retarded. GTFO of this guys thread and start you own :beat:

Here's my two cents. You said you had a b20z. b20zs are higher compression than my b20b4. If you used b20b Dish pisons or even a 2.5 mm turbo head gasket you'd be on the safer side and able to bumb the boost slighly higher. A head gasket change is about as easy as it gets.

Here's my two cents. You said you had a b20z. b20zs are higher compression than my b20b4. If you used b20b Dish pisons or even a 2.5 mm turbo head gasket you'd be on the safer side and able to bumb the boost slighly higher. A head gasket change is about as easy as it gets.
8.8 versus 9.6. Both are fine for boost. No need to pull it apart.

I have a 1996JP crv B20B engine Up to
what year engine can use .Do I buy the transmission as well for the later vision engine? I want a entire make over of suspension and(long lasting bushing )(,radiator that strong and will keep the engine cool) Air Intake system
I what to turbo it and change the four wheel to disc.I want to change the radio the steering wheel so i can have control from the steering.the side mirrors with lane dictator and indicator and foot opening truck.
my pet project
any pic and idea are most welcome

Last edited:
I have a 1996JP crv B20B engine Up to
what year engine can use .Do I buy the transmission as well for the later vision engine? I want a entire make over of suspension and(long lasting bushing )(,radiator that strong and will keep the engine cool) Air Intake system
I what to turbo it and change the four wheel to disc.I want to change the radio the steering wheel so i can have control from the steering.the side mirrors with lane dictator and indicator and foot opening truck.
my pet project
any pic and idea are most welcome
my idea is thats a complete waste of money , if you have that kind of cheddar to spend on a 96 crv you can afford a better chassis

Back