B20 crvtec turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You don't have to get JDM parts, you know. USDM parts will work just as well and run you less at times. Sleeves would be a must in my opinion, as the B20 sleeves are known for their weakness. I believe you can safely bore it then to 89mm to 89.5mm max if I am not mistaken.

86mm bore is the absolute largest you want to go on a street driven B series engine. 87mm is possible, but you'll lose head gaskets every day. At 89mm you'll have overlapping pistons.

a really good tuner can get you 400 on a b20 vtecturbo thats not built it just won't last , we once got 421hp from a boosted from hell d16 lasted about 4 pulls on the dyno .
If you really want 400+ b20vtecturbo , street driven , sleave the block , triple nitride treat the crank , after market rods , pistons , ported head , properly sized turbo ,and a really good tuner is needed moderat boost on a built motor with good tunning and you can run for years
i had a ron bergenholtz built b16a (golden eagal block , crower rods , je pistons , ported head , itr intake cam , ctr exhaust , all ferrea valve train , ) XS to4x turbo , the list goes on and on , was built for my quick class crx , i lost interest in funding my own race team and put it back on the steert tuned to 400 + , and drove the car for 5 years that way .

86mm bore is the absolute largest you want to go on a street driven B series engine. 87mm is possible, but you'll lose head gaskets every day. At 89mm you'll have overlapping pistons.

Holy shit, Mike...wow...I must have been on CRACK when I typed that. *smacks self* The MOST you "could" go if was for strip mostly would be 88.5mm with sleeves, correct?

To the OP, please forgive my VERY stupid ass. Wow! I'm really sorry about that. Listen to Calesta. He knows what he is talking about. In fact, I'm done here. Feel free to disregard everything I have said up until the point that I said Cal knows what he's talking about. *smacks self again*

8 to 10 k for everything , build motr, turbo and parts , tunning , + car , doesn't sound realistic to me , not for a car that will last . A better question is why 450hp ? yes they are fun for a short time , but as a daily driver they suck ass , I have the been there done thta shirt

Back