B20 Eg Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MR. EG

I have a 94 cx hatch. am putting a 99 jdm b-20 in later tonight. I am getting the last minute problems and i am discovering things that i may have over looked. I am using an obd1 LS ecu. I bought an ls wiring harness from this guy but i dont know if it is obd1 or obd2. Will that make a big difference? also can i use my stock starter. Can i use the b20's existing distributor, or will i need an obd2 distributor. Please Help

you can use your cx harness. you will need a b series obd1 dist unless thats whats on the b20. if the harness you bought is obd2 you cant use it. the plugs are different. i dont know if the starters are interchangable.

thank you for the advice. i thought that was right but when i got wrapped up in the excitment of doing the swap, i was being overly optomistic. needless to say i have to postpone the swap an extra day. thanks again.

MR. EG

p.s. if you know anybody that needs any of my stock motor stuff or an obd2 harness or dissy, have them email me i am going to put the stuff on ebay, but people on this forum will get first dibs.

I am using an obd1 LS ecu.
I bought an ls wiring harness from this guy but i dont know if it is obd1 or obd2.
Will that make a big difference?
also can i use my stock starter.
Can i use the b20's existing distributor, or will i need an obd2 distributor. Please Help

First off you will love the swap what tranny you using?

LS ECU = Good choice
LS Harness not needed, but good if it's OBD1 look at the alternator plug and see if it is round (obd1) or square (obd2)
Dizzy you can use the B20 one. At worst you have to rewire it with OBD 1 plugs

Any other questions just ask.

thanks Solblu For your reply. I have decided to put the swap off for a couple of days. I need to get afew little parts that are kind of hard to find. Flywheel bolts,etc. Not to be redundant, but i am going to list the stuff i am using just to be on the safe side, and if you guys see any problems with any of this stuff, please let me know.

jdm b20b hydro gsr tranny obd1 distibutor stock 94 cx wiring harness

gsr shift linkage del sol throttle cable delsol lower radiator hose

Ls upper radiator hose

integra motor mounts with stock mounts combo Ls ecu ls intake manifold

Thanks Again

Hey not sure on the Civic, but probably the same as my Del Sol, the front upper engine mount on the motor bolts up to the stock 1.5 mount, not a B series mount. Do you have A/C ? Are you keeping it if you do?

yes i am keeping my A.C., and i am going to use the del sol vtec A.C. bracket

Back