B20 Exaust question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teddygram

Hi, I have a built b20 (eagle rods, ARP studs, JE pistons, 12:1 compression ratio) with a stock b18 head with T1R headers on a 97 civic LX 4dr. I still have the stock exaust (excluding the header and test pipe) on my car.. I want to purchase a new exaust system for my car. I am not worried about sound or anything in terms with that. I just want the best performance for my car. Does anyone have an ideas with what i should go with?

Have you dynoed this thing yet? Any idea how much power it's putting out?

I'd say you're probably gonna want something in the 2.5" range...

It was dynoed during tuning....... One suggestion was an HKS HI-Power..... not sure... and no I dont know the dyno readings either the engine is still brand new.. i think that it is like 250-300hp range... but i really am not sure so i dont want to talk out of my ass... lol.

Yeah, something in the 2.5" range would probably be good. As far as a particular name brand, I haven't heard that any one stands out much above the others. The HKS one would probably work fine for you...

i have a Greddy n1 on my d16 it was only $25 trough a buddy of mine I only have a 2'' going back but it sounds good and gave me a nice boost when i was still stock. ya that 1.25'' or so is a must to replace

Back