b20 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robbie rob

This is a kind of a generic question. If you were going to go the non vtec route for your motor would there be any gains in using the b20 head on a b16.

I am asking this question just to see why this would/wouldn't work. This is not a swap I am going to go with just curiousity, so don't flame :ph34r:

a b20 head is barely worth the time you spend to pull it from the block. just look at trying to buy a b20 block vs. the whole motor. that will really show the worth of that head. non-vtec is best in the forms of the b18b or the b20b or z. idk but maybe u could try a b18b head on a b20 block. never heard anything about it but it could be interesting.

I know a guy with a B20z block and a B18b head with cams, valvetrain, p&p, and that's about it. He went low 13s in his EG hatch.

:shrug2:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 16 2004, 11:23 AM
I know a guy with a B20z block and a B18b head with cams, valvetrain, p&p, and that's about it. He went low 13s in his EG hatch.

[post=403400]Quoted post[/post]​

i knew i wasnt the first 2 think of it. i give it up 2 the ppl that try shit thats nevr been done.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 16 2004, 11:23 AM

[post=403400]Quoted post[/post]​

looks like i found my next project after i finish my new ls/vtec.

Back