b20 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok I got a half shaft from a local junkyard which came from a 94+ Integra(manual transmission). I tried to fit it on the b20 block but it just doesnt want to fit up. Im not to sure if my b20 is auto or manual. Should it matter if it is or not? I need to know why it doesnt fit. Do I need a half shaft from a auto Integra? Any help would be nice and greatly appreciated. Thnx in advance.

My buddy put his on my motor and it fit fine. Then we tried mine but it didnt fit at all. Only 1 of the 3 bolts lined up and the others werent even touching the motor. I went back to the junkyard and the guy tried it on a b18b motor and it fit fine. So I dont know what the deal is. Im so confuesed and pissed off cause I just want the swap done before the snow starts to fall.

i took mine off of my b18a and bolted it to my b20z.. i dont know what to tell you.. maybe the tranny is messed up and is not allowing it to line up right?

Whats the engine code? B20A or B20B/Z? Whats the valve cover look like?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 6 2004, 08:44 PM
Did you pull the part (the intermediate shaft) or did someone else
[post=413183]Quoted post[/post]​

Someone else did. Im going back monday and going to see him fit it up to the motor they have in the back. Just to make sure he's not bsing me.

If it's a B20B then the IMS should bolt up, auto or manual, they are essentially the same. I believe its from a 89 Integra or possibly 3g Prelude.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 6 2004, 10:05 PM
If it's a B20B then the IMS should bolt up, auto or manual, they are essentially the same. I believe its from a 89 Integra or possibly 3g Prelude.
[post=413215]Quoted post[/post]​

so you're saying i need a Ims from a 89 integra? This is going into my eg.

I have a 95 gsr with a b20z block and i had no problem with the swap. If thats a 94 and up to a certain year b series inter.shaft (manual trans), it should bolt right up.

Originally posted by jdm_civic_sirII+Nov 7 2004, 05:17 PM-->
brian11to1
@Nov 6 2004, 10:05 PM
[post=413215]Quoted post[/post]​

so you're saying i need a Ims from a 89 integra? This is going into my eg.
[post=413500]Quoted post[/post]​

No. You know what part you need. Ask around on these boards for it. Good Luck

my freind had just done a 94 ls swap into his 92 si and try to use a auto inter.shaft and he ran into the same problem. Only one hole lined up but he didnt run it like that. hope this helps you.

Back