b20 in a 93 del sol help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greendelsol

i just picked up a jdm b20b and i am tring to put it in my del sol what engine mounts ond other stuff do i need and i need to know if i can still use the automatic transmission that came with it cause my car is an automatic any thoughts would be nice

you're going to need an integra transmission because the one that came in the del sol, if its automatic, won't work, and the transmission from the b20b is a 4wheel drive transmission and doesn't bolt up without a ton of fabrication

i bought the engine with a front wheel drive tranny already bolted to it not 4 wheel driveand i was wantin to leave it automatic i plan fixin up something different i just wanted to make this car go faster and i got this engine from a friend for cheap as for the mounts the driver side and rear fix with some work but the one on the tranny is way off

what other stuff would i need to do this swap like ecu harness fuel line and if i buy special mounts from hasport would that place the engine further forward in the engine bay

check in the swap articles,
you'll need an ecu from a b series engine obd-1 engine, the B20 ecu would be best, followed by the b18b1 ecu.
b series axles
" engine mounts
" automatic, transmission, hydrolic clutch.
that should be all, simple swap. make sure all the wires plug in.

so my stock wiring harness will work and there is a clearance problem on the passenger side axel it wont go in cause when i bolt up the rear mount the tranny is in the way

Back