b20 in crx (searched)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nels2825

hey I spun a rod bearing in my b16 that I have in my crx right now. I have already converted the b16 to obd1, but now I am looking for a new motor with less mileage to swap in. I am thinking of either another b16a or b20b. Ive got a couple questions about it though. First, how do you convert the engine from obd2 to obd1? Second, can I swap my b16 head on, and run it reliably with no internals? I would not rev the engine over 6500, I just want it for the better head flow. Thanks in advance

as far as converting..... (i could be wrong)

but the only difference would be:

Ecu
Distributer
Knock Sensor

and why not just make it a CRV-Tec??? i mean you already have the head off your B16, wouldnt really need to change a whole lot.... and this combo is really badass all motor....

Well the thing is I want to be running my obd1 chipped ecu. Also I do not have the time or the money to make a reliable b20vtec. It sounds like I would need forged rods, head studs, and rod cap bolts at the minimum, unless anyone has other information otherwise?

you should be able to get the vtec conversion kit and put your head on the b20 and rock and roll, unless the ecu is highly modified.

Back