B20 in Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marklyerly

I have had a problem latly with the engine sustaining a steady idle. I have checked and cleaned the IACV. Checked the MAP sensor and the TPS sensor. No CEL and I have even played with the throttle cable and bolt. I was told to change my fuel pump since the engine is bigger that it needs more flow. However from what I understand all the B series run 45psi. Is the EG stock pump slowing me down or is there something else. Next I am checking the vacuum lines if I can find a good diagram. Any help would be appreciated.

fuel pump is more than enough for a stock motor b20. the fuel filter may be clogged, you may also want to check your plugs and wires.

I'll check the filter, as far as plugs and wires I have MSD as well as a blaster coil and its all fairly new so no dice there.
Thanks

I would pull the plugs and check them. They could let you know if you have a fuel problem at all. Maybe you need a hotter plug? IDK, but thats where i would start, then go from there. Good luck.

Back