B20 In My Teg (again)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

if i was to get a B20 longblock for my 1990 teg LS

EXACTLY what would i need to put it in???

shouldnt i theoritecally be able to just pull the B18 out and Drop the B20 right in, no new mounts no new links?????

it shuld drop right in ... only issues i can figure youll have will be some of the plugs may be different due to the year of the engine/car

and you may need to use the LS intake manifold since the b20 is very very tall and there may be an issue with hood clearance

thanks
my ls motor has 145xxx on it and im kinda mashing on it right now hoping it dies so i can have an excuse to swap

after the insurance raped me with my SR20 Sentra my parents arent to stoked on the idea of swaps.

but if i blow this motor then it will be cheaper to swap then rebuild, so why not put in a bigger engine right?

thats why you just don't tell your insurance company, especially if you drop a b20 in. They'll never know.

I have a screwed GSR right now. A nice 94 with about 125k on it that I should have never bought. One of those times when you just get so deep into a car you can't just give up on it. Anyways I obviously have a nice VTEC head right now, hondata gasket, DC sports 4-2-1 header, skunk2 intake, AEM cold air intake (for a Type R), AEM fuel rail and pressure regulator. The engine is leaking oil in it's #1 cyclinder right now and I was thinking of a rebuild, but a B20 VTEC is looking pretty nice. Does anyone have a clue what this would cost if I just dropped the car off at a shop and said swap the blocks and do the oil line / additional vtec work? I can't get anyone to give me an idea of how much this would cost in Nor Cal. I also don't know of any shops up here. Before this I've stumbled through all the work by myself. Any ideas?

-Tim

Back