b20 injectors in b18b. cause for failed emissions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DeathInACRX

ok so ive been fighting my swaps gremlins for 5 months now. at first it was no big deal; a code 6 no biggie, until it came down to taking the harness apart and re-routing a missplaced wire. whatever i got it done. after a visit to the smog shop it failed 6 times. no joke we ran the test 6 times that day. the guy i go to is real cool and i wasnt charged.
with the rusults printed out the hydro carbons(hc) were doubled[max=121 and the measure=214]:( and the carbon monoxide (co) was off the charts[max=.76 and the measure 7.01]:eek:D dirty quick car!
when the tech told me that the car was using too much fuel i remembered that the previous owner said he put B20 injectors in the swap.:ph34r:
my question for all of you is, is this the cause for the crappy milage and failed emissions test? i have injectors from a B18B but the injector plugs do not fit on top because of two plastic bumps inside the injectors hookup. should i dremel them out so the plug will fit? can i use my 90 SI injectors? thoes are my questions and if you were wondering im going to change out the o2 sensor,cap, rotor, plug wires,plugs and the air filter. if that doesnt work i'll get a newer cat although this one has less than 600 miles on it.but i heard too much fuel can cause the cat to go bad. we'll see. thanks.

Plastic 'bumps'?? I'd use the SI injectors, clean the plugs/re-gap, clean rotor lightly with a file, clean corrosion off of contacts inside the cap.

I'd doubt the cat is bad already, save your money.
Or something I've done really cheap here is to just unplug an injector. It might run rough but i've passed some that way..

JUST MY .02
e

its still failing.
is there a way to reduce the fuel pressure without using a fuel presure regulator?
am i failing because i took a 93 ls(obd1) and tuned it down to 91(obd0)? also if i use and aftermarket air intake(aem,injen) do i need one from a crx or integra? these smog techs are stricked.

43- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
90-95 92-95 n/a n/a 93-95 95 90-95
Fuel Supply System
defective or malfunctioning fuel supply system

^^ taken from the reference section.

Back