b20 into an ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boosted_ek

Yes.. yet another one of these threads. I couldn't find my exact answer so I thought i'd make a thread.

Every swap I've done so far has been obd2, so obd1 will be new to me. I already know that there is no knock sensor.. but should every other obdII clip fit on the obdI plugs? I'm pretty sure the evap purge soleniod's are different on obdII and I intake manifolds.. will i need to wire in a need clip?

Also.. which mounts do I need. Just the driver-side top mount and the passenger side top tranny mount? Or do I need the rear mount that mounts near the firewall too? ( i have a d16 in there right now)

Also.. are the b and d alternators interchangeable? thanks guys.

i need the rear tranny mount and the bracket for the drive side mount. The alternators are different. But I still haven't found out about the wiring harnesses.

Anybody know if I can re-use my obd2a harness?

no you need to use a civic lx or dx wiring harness since the b20 is non vtec not unless you are doing franstein swap where can run b20block with gsr or b16 head swap then you use 99 civic si or intergra wirng harness ecu from which ever head you use

I'm pretty sure I can disable vtec in crome-pro. I was more considered about if i had to do some major hacking (extending clips and whatnot)

yes yuo will have extend the wires on civic harness and change clip to the ones to run b20 motor b/c civic senor clip aree diffence for b20

yes yuo will have extend the wires on civic harness and change clip to the ones to run b20 motor b/c civic senor clip aree diffence for b20

stop talking outta your ass.

You just said i need a dx or lx harness (which is the exact same harness I have minus the vtec clips). Now you are saying that the clips aren't the same? Than how would the dx or lx harness work?

98 civic ex b20/vtec swap wirng do i use and axles motor mount ecu etc please help

huh? are you asking what you use? if you are..

integra axles.. you need the rear tranny mount and the driver side bracket off a 99-00 SI. You may also want to use your front bottom mounts off the same car (somebody once told me if you dont the manifold could hit your hood, i dont believe it though) you can use your harness.. but i suggest you get a p28 ecu and get it chipped. You'll need an obd2a-obd1 conversion harness for that.

whaat year intergra axles what wiring do i use my harness and b20 motor cut tie together right or what

94+ axles.. what you mean what wiring? I told you.. you can use your harness.. you just need a conversion harness for the ecu.

94+ axles.. what you mean what wiring? I told you.. you can use your harness.. you just need a conversion harness for the ecu.
b20 with vtec head how may rpms will it turn safely and what about oil sprayers at bootm of the motor sombody b20/vtec wont run safe at rpm b/c of sprayer wont spray alot oil do you know anything about the oil sprayers

how high do you wana revv? do your research.. all your answers can be found

putting oil sprayers in your block isn't excatly cheap.. if you put oil sprayers in your block you might as well start building it while its apart.

98 civic swap

98 civic ex b18c1 swap i use d16y8 harness what wires do i change to wire vtec for b18c1

99 civic si motor swap into98 civic ex 99 si mounts and bracket do i have change any wiries on my stcok d16y8 harness to run b16a2 besdides a jumper harness so that i can run obd2 or obd1 ecu which ever i chose and i also run trany mount form 99 si correct

Last edited:
Back