B20 >>k20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bkkfarang

Ok, we have covered the fact that a 20b is illegal to swap in Eg civic in California. The main reason is a b20 is an SUV engine.

My question is? Would a k20 swap with all emissions equipment form the k20 attached and working, Still be illegal? It’s not a SUV engine anymore, because they are offered in civics now.
:confused:

there are alot of cars in cali that are illegal . i used to live in colorado and we had to do smog and visual checks , and we used one civic to testand pass 40 different cars , along with help from a freindly officer . the question is legality not what people are getting away with .

its obd2. they don't even use sniffers any more. they plug a scan tool in and check for codes.

Ok , i have lived outside the usa for the last 5 years so a little out of touch , with current regs

its obd2. they don't even use sniffers any more. they plug a scan tool in and check for codes.

Over here they still use sniffers.

95 and older=safety inspection
96 and newer=safety inspection+emissions/obd2 scan

wow bummer for you , i am not even sure whats legal where i live, but they bother almost no one unless your in an accident .

High horsepower cars are built in California so you can make it to the border, and into a REAL United State as quickly as possible.

Get out of that shitpit. Nooch.

Also, throughout most of the US, CT included, you can not transfer a Diesel into a car, nor any truck not rated 3/4ton or less. So if you've got a gas Toyota truck, you aren't allowed to put the same Deisel in it.

All I can say is I feel bad for everyone that has to go through this testing shit. I'm sure that about 50% of the cars on the road here would be crushed if ever driven to California.

It's not as bad here as people seem to think. They really tried to crack down on the illegal swaps a few years back, and would literally stop every import with aftermarket exhaust and make them pop the hood, but from what I can tell they got tired of that. My friend drives his K20 rex daily and has yet to have any problems, even drives it into the drag races which are supported by the police and has had no problems at all.

Shit, up here in Washington my '69 Ford hasnt had to go through emissions for nearly 10 years. It was DD'ed for about 7 or 8 of those 10 too. I drove it with the exhaust unbolted for about a week, and didnt get any tickets, but if a cop would have heard me layin on the throttle I would have got one lol.

Shit, up here in Washington my '69 Ford hasnt had to go through emissions for nearly 10 years. It was DD'ed for about 7 or 8 of those 10 too. I drove it with the exhaust unbolted for about a week, and didnt get any tickets, but if a cop would have heard me layin on the throttle I would have got one lol.

i drove around in my old teggy with the exhaust gone from the cat back before i got a ticket ...

that shit was LOUD

Never has a truer thing been said about California. And it was stated without even using the word "California".

Back