B20 >>k20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

All I can say is I feel bad for everyone that has to go through this testing shit. I'm sure that about 50% of the cars on the road here would be crushed if ever driven to California.

Hahahaha. OMG, true. Ohio is the same. I've seen cars fall apart in intersections or on the side of the road. Ohio does not have a safety inspection of any kind. Which is nice if you are a responsible hot rod/custom owner who just wants to drive without being harassed. Otherwise it's just scary. :eek:

Whatever, I love California. All my cars are illegal, but that doesn't keep them off the road nor have I ever been hassled about it. People who don't live here blow that shit way out of proportion.

Back on topic.

In order to do it "legally" you need to actually swap the whole gas tank and lines. Since the K20 motor does not have a return fuel line. My suggestion? Find a smog hookup. :)

Nobdy really knows the legality of this swap . pretty much what i thought . B16 , your pretty lucky not to have been hasseled . we used to make 6 or seven trips a year and always got hasseled even with out of state plates .

Couldn't you make the arguement that the b20 came in the early 90's preludes? I mean are they really going to know the difference between the b20 in the preludes, and the b20 in the crv? Just a suggestion. I live in Colorado so I have no clue about Cali emissions. As for my car here...I need to fix a ton of stuff before I get emissions done again.

Just grind the B20 stamp off the block and put an LS valve cover on it. Are they really astute enough to figure it out? Just say it came out of a wrecked 98 Integra GS/LS/RS

Just grind the B20 stamp off the block and put an LS valve cover on it. Are they really astute enough to figure it out? Just say it came out of a wrecked 98 Integra GS/LS/RS
yea, that wouldn't fly here. I'm sure they would end up thinking it was stolen if he did that, then there's no way to prove it isn't

I am guessing it is for sure legal since they do come in the civic. But honestly why not just swap in an ls, gsr, or b16? I mean this seems like a lot of crap to go through, and a k20 swap would be way expensive. I mean throwing a ls/vtec in there will net you decent power for cheap, and its legal

K20 swap is legal if you do everything you're supposed to; I think Rcrew has a street-legal K20 vehicle; has RSX fuel tank and dash IIRC.

I'm surprised dash swaps are legal in CA

All this stuff is legal, but there is a 2 week waiting period for a screwdriver and special "class 3" permits for ratchetting wrenches.

I am guessing it is for sure legal since they do come in the civic. But honestly why not just swap in an ls, gsr, or b16? I mean this seems like a lot of crap to go through, and a k20 swap would be way expensive. I mean throwing a ls/vtec in there will net you decent power for cheap, and its legal

im pretty sure you're not allowed to do an LS/VTEC

Wait, so you cant do an LS/V even if all the components are out of newer cars?

Alright then, I dont live in CA and Ive never had to go through emissions, so I was just askin.

again the question is . K20 swap legal?
If you read my post I said yes, you have to swap everything including the gas tank. K2e2vin is correct, RCrew in SF did this swap and it passed the BAR inspection.

Back