B20 or B18B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

Which motor would be cheaper to get to 180-200 HP???

Also Throw me some suggestions on getting my Torque up???

Just trying to get all the info I need for my April Swap!!!

If you have a list of things that you recommend I purchase POST EM!!!!

i built an ls/vtec using OEM honda parts and it made 183.8 whp / 138.5 ft lbs
the details are on my web page in my sig. it was relatively inexpensive. i just searched for a great deal on a b18a block, got it bored over .025 and put pr3 pistons in it. higher compression and relatively inexpensive. i never really looked into a b20 block myself.

Originally posted by formby@Jan 11 2005, 12:42 PM
how much are you willing to spend?

i would recomend an lsvtec its cheaper than a b20 because you can use OEM pistons.... heres a write up on what and how......
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33559

this should help your 200hp
[post=444128]Quoted post[/post]​

I would like to hit the numbers before VTEC?
Ergg I should have put that in the first Post.I dont want it simply because It would be very difficult for my Mechanic.

Also where do you go to buy a standalone GSR Head put some sights up so I can look at it and start figuring my cost.

But the Reason I want the B20 is because you can get more Torque out of it.

i think that your jumping into this swap thing head first....
first set your initial cost/available funds
then look for another mechanic...the lsv is a great platform but it must be done by some one who has done it before
......you should look into a turbo custom kit made up of parts yous choose for the SOCH that came with the car....if you break it it wont break your wallet to fix.....
and the initial price is lower
here is a link to pills website
http://www.adampilchak.com/

I dont play the Turbo game its all about N/A!!!!
Also Alot of Boltons from the GSR can be used on the B20 so I have decided to go B20 Which will give me more Torque in the Long Run

Uhhmm, your gonna have a hard time making 200 HP on an N/A b20 without the advantage of VTEC.

Think about i, what can you do. $500 pistons to put you up in the 11.5-12:1 CR. PnP the head along with decent cams and valtrain is gonna cost you like another 1k, plus the intial cost of the swap, there isn't much else you can do to get power out of it, but that might put you around 175-180.

Your plans are possible, but is it really worth it. Think about it?

A turbo set up will bring a b18b1/a1 to 200hp very very easily. an LSV with have 160-175 out of the box, a GSR puts like 150 to the wheels. A CRVtec should give you a good 175-190 out of the box as well. I dunno I just don't understand some N/A guys, non vtec honda motors aren't usually the best choice for all motor applications.

I was going to do an LSV but decided I want boost again, I still might build an LSV for my white hatch.

if you match a high ratio(numerically high) transmission to the engine then torque wont be a problem.

I plan on Doing VTEC but after Im done with everything Else. That is going to be the last thing. I would rather get everything else done with my engine before I do VTEC so when I get it the Boost will be a significant one. I am just not a turbo fan it seems that now thats the only thing people do to get power and I just dont like it. Unless your running an RX7, Skyline, Silvia, Supra, or 300zx I dont like it Honda's are not Turbo Cars. (in my opinion)

ok, since your gonna do everything before a vtec. What is this, sleeving boring, high CR pistons and a block girdle? I'm not tryin to be an asshole, but I wouldn't waste my time even puttin the b20/b18a/b head on if I could get the b16/b18c5 or b18c1 head now. It would be a waste of a head gasket.

Originally posted by Riceras@Jan 11 2005, 12:32 PM
Which motor would be cheaper to get to 180-200 HP???

Also Throw me some suggestions on getting my Torque up???

Just trying to get all the info I need for my April Swap!!!

If you have a list of things that you recommend I purchase POST EM!!!!
[post=444121]Quoted post[/post]​

your question was "Which motor would be cheaper to get to 180-200 HP???" that would be a zc dohc....or a sohc both with a turbo ....what i mean is N/A is not cheap for 200whp that is.... depending on your income

this motor is going in a 97cx right? ....do your self a favor...dont buy anythng until you know exactly the things you need.....

well you could also consider adding an h22a, thats 200hp amd more torque than the b20(163ft/lbs), not to the wheels, a couple bolt-ons and you should prolly be there. if not that then if you want 200hp out of an ls or b20, you have to pnp, bolt-ons, cams, cam gears, all kinds of stuff, its gunna be alot of money getting 200 out of n/a. thats why people boost, s/c or turbo.

Back