B20 or B18c5??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpOoN EK9

I was wondering what you guys think would be a better engine build to run 13 flat or even high 12's: a b20 buildup or a b18c5? Because the cost for a b20 build seems kinda steep and seems like u get the same amount of bang for your buck if you just buy the b18c5 and do a little work here and there. Besides that, you get more reliability in trusting ina type r motor, so what would you guys say would be best for your money?

well considering omniman is running a b20/vtec with a gsr crank and stock pistons at stock CR and getting 240whp I'd say thats a good build :worthy: but if you don't want to mess around at all I'd go with the ITR... Or you can go GSR and swap it out with ITR internals...

a [84mm]resleeved itr will have the same displacement as a b20 with gsr crank, but better sleeve and reliability. i guess omniman is the king of making hp with low compression(for allmotor)...he made 200whp with stock compression b16a.

Back