B20 or K20?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4bangeryo

Ok so Im sure some of you remember the first post that I had put up and now I have another question on the swap. Now that I have seen som set ups and looked into it a little more I have narrowed it down to either a B20 or K20 but I have a few questions first. As far as the B20 goes why do a lot of drag racers use these instead of B18? Can they hold good power upgrades are they more reliable or what makes a lot of people use these more often? I have gained a lot of information on the K series and it sounds like something I like there's just a couple things I'm not a fan. The most being the clearance issue on the oil pan because I want it pretty low but I can get over it. If I can get some help I would greatly appreciate it

No replacement for displacement. That's why guys run a B20....it's a 2.0 liter and a B18 is a 1.8 liter.

I love my K...tons of room to improve (Internally bone stock right now) and still as fast (if not faster) than a built B20VTEC Frankenstein.

But, in the K-Series swap world, you gotta pay to play.

Ya I remember messaging you a while ago about the K swap. I'm just not all the way positive which way to go. I was at IREV at MIR this past weekend and saw plenty of amazing set ups and I've narrowed it down I just don't know where to go between the two. I know the B series is cheaper but from what the guys said this weekend you can't compare to the K swap and it's worth the extra few thousand for the stock set up. I'm also torn between this being a daily or a weekend fun car. I guess that's got a lot to do with my decision too

The K is the modern choice and will out perform the b-series in nearly everything.
But it costs at least double. And there's less parts (especially used) on the market for sourcing stuff cheaply. But, it can be done.

its all about your budget, your time, and how big you want to go.

Back