B20 Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright i am looking to do a b20 vtec into a 95 honda civic hatch dx i need to know what all i need to do this. I need to know esp. about the wiring and the axles i guess the best tranny to use is the ls? Please let me know

Matt

Matt, I encourage you to search on this forum, as this has been covered and you will find plenty of good info.

94+ Integra axles, and no teh LS tranny sucks, use a vtec B series transmission.

Yea the Ls gearing is way to long for performance driving. The best tranny to get, if you have the money, would be the ITR tranny. If thats not attainable then go with the b16 or the GSR tranny. Thats just my .02.

Expensive? Depends 1000-1200 average, and a transmission for our 84 Bronco II cost $800, so it's all in how you look at it. And they aren't rare, hell you can still get them from Honda.

Yea but just buying lets say a GSR tranny and getting the JDM final drive set would be alot more expensive than just buying a JDM ITR tranny in the first place

Originally posted by Hatchbackmatt@Aug 15 2004, 11:32 PM
Alright i am looking to do a b20 vtec into a 95 honda civic hatch dx i need to know what all i need to do this. I need to know esp. about the wiring and the axles i guess the best tranny to use is the ls? Please let me know

Matt
[post=377326]Quoted post[/post]​

OK so where could i find the JDM tranny at? I am having a hard time finding a gsr where i live @. What is the best head to use on this motor, and i would also like to know where a good place to find a block at. Is this swap going to be really worth it???

Originally posted by Hatchbackmatt@Aug 16 2004, 12:32 AM
Alright i am looking to do a b20 vtec into a 95 honda civic hatch dx i need to know what all i need to do this.  I need to know esp. about the wiring and the axles i guess the best tranny to use is the ls? Please let me know

Matt

Personally I would go with the b16 tranny for shorter races, but if you do alot of highway or freeway racing, then go with the GSR tranny. Any b series wiring harness would also work, but you are going to need custom mounts for the motor, and axles from a 94+ tegra.

Originally posted by misterjover+Aug 16 2004, 03:08 PM-->
Hatchbackmatt
@Aug 16 2004, 12:32 AM
Alright i am looking to do a b20 vtec into a 95 honda civic hatch dx i need to know what all i need to do this.  I need to know esp. about the wiring and the axles i guess the best tranny to use is the ls? Please let me know

Matt

Personally I would go with the b16 tranny for shorter races, but if you do alot of highway or freeway racing, then go with the GSR tranny. Any b series wiring harness would also work, but you are going to need custom mounts for the motor, and axles from a 94+ tegra.
[post=377554]Quoted post[/post]​

Matt if you don't have much experience with this kind of thing. I would recommend you have someone else do it. If your in the NJ area I know a shop that will be able to put one together for you. And the one's they have built have been very reliable. If you have any questions for me PM me and I'll get you all the information.

You would most likely wanna use a b16a head for money reasons. Basically any B series head will be good for this setup. If you plan on boosting in the future or while building go with B16a or GSR head.

Ok i thank you guys for all your help you have answered alot of my questions and i am really happy now. I plan too boost it later on but for now i just wanna put it in stock and take it to the track then rip it all out and build it. Do you guys have anymore suggestions about this swap i need to know about?

is this going to be your daily driver?

LS tranny isn't rediculously slow and can be beneficial when/if you turbo b/c of the longer gearing. It's better geared for city/highway driving..you won't be at 4k RPMs at 70MPH. If it's not your daily driver though, I'd go with GSR or SI tranny.

Back