B20 short block must go!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alvin

Make resonable offer, I got the motor when i bought the car but I'm wanting to use a new CRV motor.

The short block is assemebled, looks good besides some surface rust (typical of engine thats been sitting for a while)

Anyway I bought the car last tuesday and it came as a extra, the guy said he bought it from someone in hopes to eventually turbo it but never got around to wanting to build it.

As far as I know its all still good. The person who picks it up is more than welcome to inspect it. Its still got the oil pan on it.

I'm located in fayetteville NC AND in Charlotte NC so anywhere between those two cities i can delever.

NO resonable offer refused!

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 30 2003, 03:46 AM
175 shipped to 07076?

Come on dude, shipping will cost that much if not a hair more.

Originally posted by DA69@Nov 29 2003, 10:26 PM
how do the cylinder walls look? i may be interested in it and i live in florida.

They look great,

If you wanted to pick it up you would completely have final say in weather you want it or not.

they have some normal surface rust as any bare metal does thats been sitting (like brake calipers after washing the car sort of thing) but they look real good

I'll clean it up with some oil too

Are you selling a B20 from a lude, or a CRV, there is a HUGE difference and that should be made clear before someone buys something they aren't looking for.

Theres really no telling what the B20 spare came out of.

I'll have to check to see if it says antyhing besides B20 on it. Its just the short block though so there shouldn't be much if any differences. Just put a good bad ass head on it and you got a good motor.

Maybe somone can use this bottom end with a B16 or B18 to make a stroker????

Originally posted by Alvin@Nov 30 2003, 05:07 PM

I'll have to check to see if it says antyhing besides B20 on it. Its just the short block though so there shouldn't be much if any differences. Just put a good bad ass head on it and you got a good motor.

you cant mate a b20a block with a b16 or b18 head it doesnt work. You cannot get much for your shortblock. It is NOT very desirable, and is ONLY good it 88-91 preludes.

sorry dude.

Originally posted by Alvin@Nov 30 2003, 05:07 PM

Doesnt it like all other B series engine have it code stamped on the block? If it does open you eyes, and read it.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3+Nov 30 2003, 05:45 PM-->
@Nov 30 2003, 05:07 PM

Doesnt it like all other B series engine have it code stamped on the block? If it does open you eyes, and read it.

kinda hard when its 140 miles away, I have two homes on either sides of the state

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough+Nov 30 2003, 05:28 PM-->

you cant mate a b20a block with a b16 or b18 head it doesnt work. You cannot get much for your shortblock. It is NOT very desirable, and is ONLY good it 88-91 preludes.

sorry dude.

i've heard of people putting B16 heads on B20's why woudln't it go the other way

b/c the b20's from the ludes arent the same design as the b20's from the crv's.. a b series head will not fit on the lude block, wont mate up, now, you can do it, there use to be a site for it, but it was a LOT of cash and wasnt worth it.

Originally posted by Alvin+Dec 1 2003, 12:31 AM-->
Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 30 2003, 05:28 PM
Alvin

I'll have to check to see if it says antyhing besides B20 on it.  Its just the short block though so there shouldn't be much if any differences.  Just put a good bad ass head on it and you got a good motor.

sorry dude.

i've heard of people putting B16 heads on B20's why woudln't it go the other way

Well one really big problem is that the B20A was in every model (from Japan) and they were either SOHC, or DOHC, depending on the trim. So, just saying B20 or B20A doesn't really mean anything. The other thing is that the B20, while it says B isn't nescessarily in the same family of motors, and doesn't mean you can just slap a vtec head on it.

Its definately a Non Vtec DOHC...

So can't you use it in a B16 or B18 non vtec?

Also i'mthinking about swapping a CRV B20 into the car to replace the B20A in the car.. what is the difference. I was under the impression that they where the same motors

Different OBD's, is your B20 fuel injected, or carbed? They may have different mount points, I haven't found anyone that can confirm or deny this, even HAsport. There's more differences, can't think of them all now.

Back