b20 swap help! and ecu help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rainy_2o6

i have a ek with a b20 with a type r head/tranny, arp rod bolts, upgraded oil pump and water pump to type r (bolts on), KMS block guard and i was wonderin if thats a good step up and if u guys can help me out with any else cause i hearing around about ppl building up a b20 and there motor just blows or gets a crack in there motor and plus i need help on wat kind of a ecu chip i should get and my friends keep on tell me to get a p28 and chip it and tuned and iono if they're right if i should get. So can guys help me out with this

Yeah, you pretty much did exactly what you should have on the block. You should get a P28 and have it socketed/chipped so you can have it tuned. Don't just go buy an Ebay chip or something like that, but get a real engine management setup such as Crome and have it tuned on a dyno. If you have a wideband and know somebody that can tune well you also could street tune it, but a dyno would be better.

Yeah, you pretty much did exactly what you should have on the block. You should get a P28 and have it socketed/chipped so you can have it tuned. Don't just go buy an Ebay chip or something like that, but get a real engine management setup such as Crome and have it tuned on a dyno. If you have a wideband and know somebody that can tune well you also could street tune it, but a dyno would be better.

what did u mean to " P28 and have it socketed/chipped" cause like my friends never really told wat that meant so i was wondering if u define that for me sry about that i just want to now wat that means

Basically it means taking a stock P28 ECU, and soldering a socket in place of the soldered in chip. It allows you to install different chips by simply plugging them into the socket instead of soldering them into the circuit board. Then you can have a tuner program a chip for you and install it into the ECU.

P28done_small.jpg

The part outlined in red is the socket where you would plug the chip into.

Back