1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b20 swap info

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by allgo, Nov 13, 2003.

1. allgo

allgo Senior Member

i have a b16 right now and want to go b20b next. what need to be done to get that motor in?? will the mounts,linkage,and harness work from b16 to b20?? sir2 in eg hatch.

2. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

You'll need the motor and an LS ecu. If i were you, I'd pull out that B16, slap that head onto the B20 block, and drop it back into your car. Won't have to change anything else. But yeah mounts and linkage will work with the B20

3. allgo

allgo Senior Member

is stock b20 any fast?? what can it rev to? vtec, i scare of blowing it up

4. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

5. 87ls/vtecrx

87ls/vtecrx Junior Member

a b20 is a bored out ls block. they use the same rods and crank but a bigger bore. i would sugest doing a crvtec if you wanted to put in a b20. you will need vtec head bolts, oil feed line, crv head gasket and a new crv timing belt if you are using a crv water pump. the oil pump will be fine, it is the same part # and pump as a GSR. the motor mounts will be the same as what you got right now and the tranny will bolt up. and the wiring harness is a direct swap.

6. allgo

allgo Senior Member

i know its just like a ls but if u go vtec, wouldnt u need some other piston than stock? for ls, vtec pistons. b20, forged ones rights? is stock b20 piston reliable to use forever?? anyone ever have problems

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted