B20 Swap Into 95 Gsr Sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, Im lookin at over the winter, swapping my GSR engine out for a B20/Vtec. I've heard that you can get some impressive power out of this swap. With all of your expertise here at hondaswap.com, what kinda power would a normal b20 paired with my gsr head produce. When this does happen, I am having the engine totally rebuilt with new parts. On another note, are there any sites out there, reading material, that any of you would know of that I could find out more about the B20/vtec swap and what kind of power gains i can expect from a built NA B20/vtec. thanx for you time....

personally i would just bore your GSR to 85mm and get some new rods, pistons, and rings. It will be just like have a b20/vtec with out the hastles of a b20/vtec...

Sleeve the GSR to 84-85mm, It's best to do the buildup when the motor is already out and apart. Gains are between 190WHP-260WHP for NA 2 liters. Build it right the first time.

Milan

you dont simply drill it out to a larger size .... you resleeve it to a larger bore
when resleeving you use a stronger material that can handle more stress even though its thinner
and if you go to a larger bore you will be replacing pistons, rings, and getting a fresh cyl wall... you should also replace the berrings, crank seals, and if the head is off you might as well have that freshened up as well... so milage isnt really that big of a deal, as long as nothing is cracked you should be fine

Back