B20 swap into EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda/JDM

ok, im trying to find a JDM b20 complete swap, i'd like it to be vtec but it dont matter, but all i can find is the engine only. does anyone know where i could find a complete b20 engine swap, and if so, how much is the swap?

I think you're confused about a lot of things...

The B20 comes from the CR-V, so it's essentially a small truck motor. It doesn't come with VTEC stock, and it's attached to an all-wheel-drive transmission that you can't swap into a front-wheel-drive car. This is why you can only find non-VTEC engine-only swaps, because that's all you can use in the swap.

If you want it to have VTEC, then you need to buy a VTEC head separately and mate the head with the B20's bottom end. You'll also need to purchase a B16 or B18 transmission in order to be able to install it into a Civic/Integra/CR-X/whatever...

Oh, and one thread per topic is quite enough. Please don't make multiples...

I think you're confused about a lot of things...

The B20 comes from the CR-V, so it's essentially a small truck motor. It doesn't come with VTEC stock, and it's attached to an all-wheel-drive transmission that you can't swap into a front-wheel-drive car. This is why you can only find non-VTEC engine-only swaps, because that's all you can use in the swap.

If you want it to have VTEC, then you need to buy a VTEC head separately and mate the head with the B20's bottom end. You'll also need to purchase a B16 or B18 transmission in order to be able to install it into a Civic/Integra/CR-X/whatever...

Oh, and one thread per topic is quite enough. Please don't make multiples...

You pretty Much said it. But you'll also need a harness, ecu, axles, shift linkage, and mounts for the swap. but any b-series harness should work, providing its OBD1 like the engine you plan on getting I hope(will just make it that much easier to swap it into your OBD1 chassis) If you do plan on going VTEC then you should get a b16 or gsr harness. If your car didn't originally have VTEC, then your gona have to wire it up yourself or buy the appropriate harness from an aftermarket company. A b16 or gsr ecu, the axles would depend on the tranny and intermediate shaft you used. and the mounts, any B-series swap mounts should work. you may have to change the mount on the engine it's self to match up(i'm not sure what the B20 one is like, but i know the B16 And B18 ones are different. but that's the only mount that should be different. and the linkage would depend if you got a hydraulic of linkage tranny. I would go hydraulic. but that's just my personal choice. It would be the easiest to use however considering your car shouldv come stock with hydraulic. Like I'v said in other threads, check hasport, they have alot of stuff when it comes to swaps.

Back