B20 swap question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whats up guys. Im thinking about doing a swap to my 97 honda civic sedan and i want to do a b20 bottom and add a b16 head. Anyone know around how much that would cost and what mounts would i use. Im talkin the whole swap axles ecu and harnness. If anyone could help me that would be great. Also how ahrd would it be to swap this.Thanx Jimmy

it is not a swap for the average joe shmooo. you have to get the head drilled for oil lines, you have to get crv mounts, axes, ecu choice is up to you, and then for the swap you need a breather kit and a bunch of odds, and ends shit. My buddy has B20Z -VTEC end it rippes ass. Good luck, have someone who know what there doing do it. The install isn't that hard, but getting the parts and having them assembled it the tough part. His brother does these swaps everyday so he got parts for discount and labor for free and it still cost him over 3k.

Darin

um... i think he needs to use the gsr mounts, i know he needs the gsr axles, and ecu choice is up to you chipped p28, or p72 would be my choice. either way definately switch to an obd1 ecu.

I couldnt guess how much my swap cost because i already has a b16 swapped when i when b20/vtec.

I am building one for my freind and ther are lots of odds and ends but it ended up costing him around 3K. We got a B20z long block from a wrecking yard here in town for $850 B16 head with ITR cams valvesprings and retainers already tapped for LSvtec set up for $650 in seattle, A gsr tranny $500 in seattle, ordered a clutchmasters organic clutch $350 and a clutchmasters lightend flywheel $300 both off the net, Head gasket, timing belt, all fluids, rear mount, and front tranny mount and shift linkage all from honda (at cost of course) :D An obd2 P30 ECU for 90 from a guy in seattle. Axels from Napa for $170 and an intermediate shaft from a junkyard $100. and starter alternator, and powersteering pump from junkyard for $150 and used the breather box off of a vtec motor and adapted it to the b20. And a couple other misc. parts i am forgetting.

As you can see there is a lot of parts you will need and a lot of hunting to be done. dont expect it to happen in one weekend. and that is with a stock block. just imagine how much more you are gonna pay when you wanna get it built!

Also, you are going to want to use a P30, chipped p28, or a P73 (itr) if you are going to use a B16 head the B72 isnt the best choice because the GSR has the secondary butterflies in the intake mani. and your rear mount and front tranny mount are gonna come from a 99si and the axels from a 94+ GSR, shiftlinkage from a 94+ teg and an ac bracket from a CRV sounds like you are getting some bad info up there. ;)

Back