1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20 Swap...? What Do I Kneed

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civicblazin101, May 23, 2003.

1. civicblazin101

civicblazin101 Junior Member

ok i had planned on doing a b16A swap into my 94 civic dx untill a friend told me to do a b20 block w/ a b16 head...now i know a little about engines but am i going to have to buy each individual piece of an engine if i buy the b20 block and run a b16 head?? Or does the block have everything else i kneed but the head (ecu, axels, shift linkage, tranny, whatever else i kneed). Also how much h.p will that put out, and about how much will it cost me.

Thanks Steve

2. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

if you go b20 i say go all out... go get yourself a type r head, type r crank, cunningham ultralite rods, some arias dome 84mm pistons (becuase you need custom pistons for a b20 block can' tuse oem parts) stick on some jun 3 cams, act clutch race headers if you can afford it and you'll be mashing like no other.... it will be super realiable due to the cunninghams ultralite rods and things..... only thing is those rods go for 1000 bucks pistosn like 600, type r head over a grand and so forth... but if you go for a b20 go all out or dont' go at all.

3. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

...or just forget all that work at get the whole B18C5, not just the head.

4. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

Why is this in the EF/DA chassis tech?

MOVED.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted