1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20 swap with a B16 head

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 94CiViC50, Feb 13, 2008.

1. 94CiViC50

94CiViC50 New Member

My 94 civic dx has about 10k in it, really nice on the outside and interior, mostly done in carbon fiber. I royaly screwed up the motor, head gasket, instead of screwing around with it, I bought a b20 b16 head with an LS tranny ect. I am gonna put it in myself. I just need to know what the common problems are in this particular swap. I appreciate all the help I can get.

2. Jason-

Jason- Built h22a eg

B20 vtec will not be as reliable as a oem vtec motor. Just my opinion.. but I have heard and seen too many motors go bad. ex:: ls/vtec, b20/vtec. etc.

Post some shots of your car.

-Jason

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

yea.. unless the b20/vtec was built properly, its most likely gonna break if ran hard..

also, the LS tranny sucks balls for performance.. LSD GSR tranny FTW!

4. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    I personally would track down a b20 head and return it back to stock configuration. my buddy has a b20b with h22 injectors in his 91 hatch. I was impressed at the amount of bottom end torque the motor has. you can spray forever too... he had a 50 shot on it for a couple years and finally decided to go turbo. the engine still pulls just as hard as the day it was bought.

5. 94CiViC50

94CiViC50 New Member

i will post some shots of the car soon, thanks for the suggestions i have already bought the stuff though i just will have to build it out the ass then. lol

6. x4frnt

x4frnt New Member

haha if u decide to get rid of that b16 head tho, hit me up, im interested.... ill pay enough for you to get a pretty nice b20 head..

7. ls/vtechatch91

ls/vtechatch91 New Member

b20/vtecs are reliable.... i have ls/vtec and love it.. but now my head is off and its getting fully buildt... anyways.. get the GE converssion kit... saves tons of work.. get some rod bolts. replace all the bearings ect. if its a good strong motor then you wont need too.. ill have close to 5500 into my motor once my head is done... but i buildt it from the ground up... its a really good motor and will TEAR if buildt right.. get it tuned too.. plus a friend of mine has ls/vtec did it the cheapest way possoble like a coolant hose for a oil line....and its been running strong for almost 2 yrs now.. he just got luck i guess... anyways if u need more info ill help ya out...

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:werd:

The LS tranny sucks hairy nut-sack. I'd try to sell it and pick up a GS-R or B16 transmission.

9. ls/vtechatch91

ls/vtechatch91 New Member

i would rather have a b16 than a gsr tho....

10. 94CiViC50

94CiViC50 New Member

Thank you for your help I am gonna pick it up monday and start pulling it apart. The place I am buying it from just found an ls with less than 100,000 miles so i am pretty stoked. I got the complete swap for $1700 I dont think thats a bad price. When I start putting all that stuff in I will be posting like crazy cuz I'm sure I will run into all sorts of crap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted