B20 swap with GSR transmission - clutch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolDriver

B20 swap with GSR transmission - clutch/ecu?

Do I get a clutch to match the motor? Transmission? Original car?

I believe I would use one to match the transmission (I'm looking at the ACT HDSS for the GSR), and I want to make sure I get the correct one.

Also, for a P75 ECU, is it enough to get a P75 chip (Such as the $20 ones on ebay), or do I need a whole new ECU? I'll be going with Hondata for tuning. (Or is the Hondata the only chip I need and I can just go with that?)

John

Last edited:
Get the clutch for the transmission. You may have to swap flywheels to a GSR sized one if the B20 flywheel is a different size. The pressure plate bolts onto the flywheel which is attached to the engine and the disc has to match up to the number of splines on the transmission input shaft.

If you're going to go with a Hondata setup for the B20/VTEC, any OBD1 VTEC ECU will work. The P28 is quite popular, and it's cheap. I think you need the GSR ECU if you run the GSR intake manifold, but I could be wrong.

Get the clutch for the transmission. You may have to swap flywheels to a GSR sized one if the B20 flywheel is a different size. The pressure plate bolts onto the flywheel which is attached to the engine and the disc has to match up to the number of splines on the transmission input shaft.

If you're going to go with a Hondata setup for the B20/VTEC, any OBD1 VTEC ECU will work. The P28 is quite popular, and it's cheap. I think you need the GSR ECU if you run the GSR intake manifold, but I could be wrong.

I'm not doing a crvtec, just a straight b20z swap.

Thanks for the clutch info!

John

A straight B20Z swap will work exactly like a B18B swap. Any information you find on the B18B will apply to the B20 swap- just make sure to get the intake manifold from a B18B so that it's not super tall and sticking out of your hood!

You're welcome. :)

A straight B20Z swap will work exactly like a B18B swap. Any information you find on the B18B will apply to the B20 swap- just make sure to get the intake manifold from a B18B so that it's not super tall and sticking out of your hood!

You're welcome. :)

Only for the B20b version, which is the lower HP motor (97-99 CRV or something like that.) The B20z motor will fit with no modifications.

John

Back