B20 Tranny??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PrimedB20Civic

Yea I need some help trying to find out what tranny will bolt up directly to a B20 block (5-speed only). A few people have told me that a GSR tranny would bolt up directly but I have not been able to research it yet... Any help will be appricatted Thanx

B20 from a CRV or a old Prelude? For the CRV any other B series should bolt right up. For the 'ludes B20's and the old Accords B18's, not sure, I know they're B's, but no one has ever been able to give me a straight answer on newer B series parts interchanging.

any b-series tranny will do, i'm doin a b20 swap next week on my ek and i'm goin with a gsr tranny. my first chose was a 99-00si s4c tranny, but i recently found a gsr tranny for a low price. i was told you can either go with a itr,gsr, or si tranny.

my gf and i are doing a crv swap too. It's going into her '93 cx hatch and she's already got the motor, but now we're trying to track down a trans also. Supposedly (don't quote me on this, I haven't tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work)- you can use a 2wd crv trans, i'm not sure what the broadcast codes for them are. We're not sure on the flywheel/clutch thing either, but I'm assuming any S!/teg/sol/crv setup would work...?

The 2wd crv tranny should work, not sure about the gearing though, might be a dog.

I'm not too sure on the crv gearing either :huh: I know the final drive is 4.387 or something but dunno about 1-4...
Hafta check the service manual when i get home L8tr :)

I got a b20b in my 98 hatch w/ a gsr tranny. Runs great, im at about 4500 RPM's @ 80-85 MPH but it doesnt matter cause usually people who are trying to race me back off when i lay rubber from 3rd to 4th. Definately go w/ the GSR tranny.

Back