B20 v-tec budget build...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xdougx

First off, no flaming...

I started out with a stock gsr, I busted a hole in the radiator out of state and blew the motor, had it brought back to tn where i'm at. I pulled it down, rebuilt it with ls crank, ls rods, usdm type r pistons, arp rod bolts, arp head studs, 8lb cheap xtd flywheel,cheap 2.5" header gsr transmission, felpro headgasket, golden eagle oil squirter delete, aem fuel rail, skunk 2 intake manifold, and aem cai. The car ran great on motor, it was faster at our local track 1/8 mile than any honda that goes out there and is under 400hp. None hooked and when they did, if they were boosted they had no traction or turbo lag.

The motor ran great, i put some spray on it, it ran great with spray too. took me a while to learn to drive the car. Well, long story short, I was at the track a few weeks ago and blew it I think due to a clogged fuel filter "stupid I know" . Now i'm rebuilding it again, but I just purchased a b20 block. the gsr block needed sleeved and I found a good deal on a b20b.

First of all, the build will be, pretty much the same as above but ycp high compression pistons and most likely a 100 shot direct port.

Has anyone in here ever cracked a b20 sleeve? How long did it last? Were you running a block guard? Really want people who speak from experience rather than opinions. ty.

Best time out of the car was a 8.9 spray and 9.0 motor. This was with a clogged fuel filter, no lsd 1/8 mile on street tires. The last time I ran the car, i'm sure it ran 8.5s or better, it felt great, I changed the nitrous jet to run a little more nitrous and it detonated causing me to burn a hole in the side of the piston the size of a quarter. I ran it one more run with the whole in the piston just because I entered a race and had to race, I wasn't going to back out regardless. the car would barely run and 1.8 60ft'd running a 9.0 with the hole.. No idea what it ran the pass before, the times weren't showing. I have a picture of the piston. If anyones curious, nitrous jetting was a wet shot, 42/22

Back