B20/vtec Dragiii Turbo Realiable?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys..
soon i will be buying an acura integra gsr 95ish.. the car is set and wont change (integra gsr)
im shooting for the lower half of 13's on street tires in it, and good for road racing at the same time.
i was thinking of selling the gsr engine and doing a b20/vtec swap into it, and doing a drag III turbo on it.
ive heard about bad things happening like sleeves cracking and rod bearings spinning... is that true or all bullshit? i really dont want to spend the money to get a b20 resleeved if its useless. I would run the turbo on a 6ish spring, i dont want to replace any internals. thats what my original plan was..

what do you guys think i should do for lower 13's on street tires into an integra gsr?

thanks.. im lost on this

don't sell your motor, just get it resleeved and build the bottom end up. A little fuel, boost, and you can do better than 13's. Good luck.

Milan

Opps, didn't read the entire question, Well, If you want to keep your motor stock then I would atleast get a little thicker head gasket to lower your CR. My opinion is that you can get 13's for sure with just the drag kit. A buddy of mine used to have a 4 door GSR with a the second gen Kit, and he pulled 13.1 I believe. I will have to ask him if it was on slicks or not. Just make sure you tune everything out properly so you don't go leaning shit out ok. good luc.

Milan

:blink: i have just been offered an engine for £150, it was described as a B20A, can anyone tell me what this engine would have been fitted to originaly (i was told from an accord)

The B20A might have been in an Accord... but I'm not sure. I know for sure that it was available in the older generation Preludes (3 generations back, early 90s). The B20A isn't the same as the B20B and B20Z blocks that people are using to make their monster powerplants today. The bore is small, and the stroke is long- so the geometry isn't favorable for high revving. People have boosted those with good results though. I would avoid that block and get a B20B. There's not a lot of support for the B20A.

Do not get the B20A...get something people actually use....B18A,B,C Or B20B/Z!

i say keep tha gsr engine and fully build it w/ a stage 3 turbo brother !!!!!!!! just my 2 cents man!!!!!! yes w/ a b20b/z engine u can build a power plant w/ a si or type-r head (vtec) but it is still a frankenstein swap and those engines r usually unreliable esp. if ur goin turbo on it dawg!!!!!!!

my brother had a fully built gsr engine w/ a stage 3 turbo by doc madrid and our cuz kwan @ apex and on 5psi of boosts made 348hp @ tha wheels w/ 315 lbs of torque on tha dyno!!!!!!!! he ran a 12.9 @ 4,000+ elevation (b/c he raced it @ deming, nm)on 5 psi and has tha capacity 2 crank up 2 about 25 psi !!!!!!!!

also depends if ur goin 2 make ur car a daily driver or not????? if ur lookin 4 bein billy bad azz then i say go 4 tha franky-swap as it will cost less $$$ 2 build a monster engine!!!!!!!!! but if ur lookin 4 daily driving capability w/ tha monster engine then go 4 tha fully built gsr dawg!!!!!!!!

:D B) :ph34r: :worthy:

I was just in touch with GoldenEagle for sleeving info. They do really good work and are not too bad for pricing. They will do everything you require (Hone,Sleeve,install pistons, rods etc....KICK ASS) It sucks that I live in Canada....shipping is a bitch...for you guys down in the USA...you got it made.

:D :doh:

5 psi boost on a GSR hitting 348 and 315 torque....no way possible in my mind. I could maybe see 348 at 8 or 9 psi. Even then, he had to have a large bore all the headwork in the world and JG Int Manifold etc etc etc....and all the bells and whistles. However, if he did hit this mark, I would like to see the Dyno chart and fuel curve he had!!!

:wtf:

he def spent some mad $$$$ w/ atomic performance back in tha day and left it in doc's hand!!!!!!!!!! some of atomic performance works r found on past featured rides on speedoptions.com ..................but now tha doc works 4 area 51 fabrications!!!!!!!!!!!

:D B) :ph34r: ;) :worthy:

dude, calm down, and loose all the !'s.
i'm sure dat shizzy be off da chain back 'n da day 'n shit, but fuck, just chill and quit butchering our language.

Back