b20 vtec or gsr tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls vtec teg

hi friends

I have b16a with ls tran I was thinking about buy a gsr tranny but my friend say

he will do b20 vtec on my car as same tranny price

so what I choose b20 vtec ls tranny -- or --- b16a gsr/b16 tranny

thanks

Last edited:
well the b16 trans will be shorter geared, so i guess it depends on what kind of driving you will go, i like the gsr bc its the best of both worlds short but not so short that it gets on your nerves. if your gona boost it in the future id go gsr trans if you doing all motor and just want to drag b16

that ^^ or look a bit harder im sure there are hydro ones for your price

I would do a Ls Vtec stronger than a B20. The Ls trans will match up well with a Ls Vtec.

I want to

but ls tranny is shit for high rpm my old b18b was way faster than now with b16a

but I wont to now if ls vtec or b20vtec with ls tranny will be faster than
b16a with (b16a tranny)? that my Q ?

I want to

but ls tranny is shit for high rpm my old b18b was way faster than now with b16a

I would just do the B16 transmission. The engine and tranny are made to work well together. The short gears will get you to the higher RPMs more quickly, and that's where the B16 excels...

I want to

Yes I kill B16's with my stock Ls Vtec and Ls trans. The gearing keeps me in Vtec in up shifts.

Back