B20 VTEC or LS VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crayzrooster

Does anybody know which one is better a B20 VTEC or LS VTEC ?I have a built gsr head that I had on an all motor gsr but the tranny blew apart and broke the front piece off my block right below were it reads B18C1.So Im thinking of one of the two or just go H2b . But I allready have all B series stuff so ?:confused:

That's a very vague question. You'll have to be a little more specific here. What are your power goals? Is this a track car or a daily driver?

An h2b kit allows you to use a b-series transaxle on an h-series engine, not an H-series transaxle on a b-series engine. Just buy an ls block and an ls/vtec conversion kit and go ls/v. Your also going to need a new B series transaxle as well.

hey people. new here looking for some info on b20b with b16 head. i really need a spec on a engine that will be around 220hp if any1 could give me some info. been reading all sorts,apparently if i fit teg cams i would have to have the pistons machined for valve clearance. this will be a daily used car but i want it to have a fair ammoint of power just wondering if any1 can help me on wat sort of bhp im likely to get and at what cost. building this engine on my own just need to no what things will give me more power, already decided on an integra in and ex manifolds. some1 plz hellp lol

Well I had a gsr swap in my eg hatch but due to a p.o.s. remote starter it busted the bolt holes out of the front of the block,what happened was I was racing this d16 turbo and some how the remote starter engauged the starter and tore shit up bad so I still have a fully built gsr head with itr cam skunk 2 valves,springs,retainresand a bunch of other stuff.I was going to h2b the car but I have so much stuff for a b series so why wast it and it busted my Y1 lsd tranny but it just busted the case and brke the presser plate and clutch,flywheel all the gears are still in the tranny and the lsd is stiil good so im going to try to put that into a S1 I have with the sincros gone in it.So I was makinb around 185whp with the gsr so what Im trying to do is make more power than that .I could dog whip ls/vtecs butt never got to street fight a b20vtec.I only drive the car when I fell like it or to the track or if challenged .I want an all motor beast so any help you can give is well appretiated.

Back