B20 vtec TURBO ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by [Freemantle]+Sep 13 2004, 11:45 PM-->
[Freemantle said:
@ Sep 13 2004, 11:45 PM)]khai_tuan_nguyen
[Freemantle said:
@Sep 13 2004, 10:32 PM

What do you mean my right foot?
[post=389980]Quoted post[/post]​

Boost comes from engine load, which roughly comes from the intensity you mash the pedal with. On a properly sized turbo, you shouldn't make any boost at normal 80mph freeway speeds. Unlike a supercharger, a turbocharger dosen't really make any boost when you are not accelerating.
[post=390021]Quoted post[/post]​

I see, so the boost is based on how hard i slam on that gas pedal, that is what they mean by NA is instant power and turbo has that lag.

Khai

Now I just need prices. Can anyone give a complete price range, they don't have to do individual parts just about how much a whole setup with injectors computer turbo, intercooler everything would be? Would $4-5k sound right?

Khai

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@Sep 14 2004, 02:59 PM

Now I just need prices. Can anyone give a complete price range, they don't have to do individual parts just about how much a whole setup with injectors computer turbo, intercooler everything would be? Would $4-5k sound right?

Khai
[post=390105]Quoted post[/post]​

start with this....
stage2turbokit.jpg

$3500 to get you started...then spend the rest on tuning plus a few misc. parts. do that, and i will do this....

:worthy:

but look to spend another grand on hondata, 500 on rods and pistons, few hundred on injectors, few hundred on guages, then a few hundred on tuning....

Originally posted by spectacle+Sep 14 2004, 11:07 AM-->
khai_tuan_nguyen
@Sep 14 2004, 02:59 PM

Khai
[post=390105]Quoted post[/post]​

start with this....
stage2turbokit.jpg

$3500 to get you started...then spend the rest on tuning plus a few misc. parts. do that, and i will do this....

:worthy:
[post=390131]Quoted post[/post]​

You people would drink "full-race" piss if it was marketed right. That's way too little for $3500.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Sep 14 2004, 07:49 PM
name a better manifold?
[post=390308]Quoted post[/post]​

That's not my point. The Full-Race kit is fucking awesome quality, but $3500 for any turbo kit is rediculous. The materials to actually make that manifold are probably like $100 at most.

drag kits, rev hard kits, and edlecock kits all cost nearly 4k. hell, even the greddy kit does once you get the intercooler.

if you're going kit way, the FR is the way to go. The only thing it doesn't have that other kits have is hack job fmu's for "fuel management"

engineers don't work for free bro, yes, raw materials probably don't cost nearly as much as the price of that manifold- but factor in labor, all the overhead they have, and all the R&D that went into it, and they have to recoupe some of that money someplace

Back