B20/vtec vs H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vetch22

i hear b20 this b20 that, well as i keep hearing all this good stuff about a b20 how much torque is this so called monster goin to unleashed because i am almost ready to buy my swap and i want to know if this engine gives out more torque than a prelude h22! because that was what i had plan for my 93 si hb thanks an h22 but if the b20 is better let me know what you guys think thanks

just use the b20. fittment on the h22 in your car is a pain. the b20 is much simpler and will perform nicely. not to mention the h22 will have mad understeer vs the b20 in your chassis.

Let me put it this way

Built B20+ displacement B series run 10's on motor
Built H22+ go as high as 2.6 liters and run 10's on motor
Built D16's have run 10's

You want more torque then go with the H series, there is a little fabrication involved, plus proper fittament with the axles, and it only add's 70 or so lbs to the front of your ride, just relocate the batter and that shoudl offset it some.

I say B series becuase there is a huge abundance of aftermarket parts. There really isn't that much selection in between headers for the H series, also cams and shit like that.

If your whip is light, like less than 2400lbs, then the torque of a B20 will do IMHO.

good luck,

Milan

jd milan i think you could probalby edit your theory on q/4 mile times a little :p

i have seen d16's run 10's costing around $50,000
i have seen b's run 9's costing around $100,000
i have seen h22's run 8's costing around $250,000

so it just depends how mch money you have and what you want to spend it on.

personally before i ever tried to make a d16 run 10's i'd just go out and buy a NEW evolution, those are pissed as hell, i can't wait to see what kind of numbers those will put down.

yeah i hear that saturnboy, honestly if you let us know how much money you have/want to spend, and if you want to run motor/turbo/spray, then we can give you advice on which direction to go kind of like giving you a best bang for the buck.

Milan

Back