B20 Vtec worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Morehead2

I have a 89 hatch with a B16, like everyone and there mother. I'm putting 190 whp down and I'm thinking I might want to build a B20 Vtec, shit maybe even turbo it? Any thoughts...

Thanks in Advance

why not just build the bottom end and turbo the b16 rather than doing a whole different swap?

yes it can be rewarding, I figure with your whp you should be pretty happy...190whp is great with a b16...

I have my head ported and polished, with oversized flat valves. All shunk2 stuff with stage 2 cams and the bore is 84 mm. Eagle crank and rods. If you need more (civicious) I can keep going?

To everyone else I just want a change I have gotten all most 35k out of that B16, so it's time for a face lift anyway. Thanks for all the responses...

well, you're very deep in "all motor" to turn around and slap a turbo kit on it.

now is the time to make a choice and go one way or the other....

all motor with putting the b20 bottom end on it- maybe see 20 hp gain, 40 tq tops (guessing here)

or sell all your cams and such, and get a turbo setup, and put 250 to the wheels for a lot of money.

i dunno... perosnally, i'd stick with the all motor route... you're 3/4 of the way there

Right on thanks for the feedback pissedoffsol. I think, I will just freshen her up, give that bitch a douche. My motor that is, not my lady. Thanks Again...

Back