b20 vtec???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND GET SOME LITTLE ADVICE!!!

Im very Appreciated it!! :)

Probably because a built B20/VTEC will make significantly more torque.

If there was a "best" don't you think we'd all be running the exact same setup?

CP pistons expand less, so I'd chose them.

Yeh that's what I want to get more torque, but the stock gsr have low torque dude.. That's why my friend suggest me to get the b20 block with gsr head/tranny will make significantly more torque.

So should I built b20/vtec ? :)

oh, I'd like to get the CP pistons then..

Once again, thank you very much for your help...

Does b20 block have an 91mm bore? Wondering.. Cause my friend told me the b20 block have 91mm bore..

But I already know all b series engines have an 81mm bore.

A few posts above this I said the vaguely told you a b20 is 84mm.

You really need to stop listening to anything your "friends" tell you. In all honesty, it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about and I'm not knocking you.... It seems like you are trying to learn by asking questions but you refuse to really listen to our answers, we answer and then we tell you to research and you just ignore it.

We aren't telling you to search because we don't want to help you, we are telling you to search because you need to learn and read up on what you want to know. Everything you've asked has been covered multiple times.

It's ok if you don't know everything, I sure as hell don't know everything. But I also don't try and use my friends as an excuse for things I say wrong or that I'm misinformed about.

Girdle's don't really help all that much. Also, he will be boring out 3mm, not 1.5mm being the gsr has a stock bore of 81mm.

Yes total of 3mm in diameter but taking off 1.5mm from the cylinder wall thickness.

Why don't you buy it??

It might save you a bunch of reading and research. All you have to do is swap your head from one to the other.

A few posts above this I said the vaguely told you a b20 is 84mm.

You really need to stop listening to anything your "friends" tell you. In all honesty, it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about and I'm not knocking you.... It seems like you are trying to learn by asking questions but you refuse to really listen to our answers, we answer and then we tell you to research and you just ignore it.
We aren't telling you to search because we don't want to help you, we are telling you to search because you need to learn and read up on what you want to know. Everything you've asked has been covered multiple times.

It's ok if you don't know everything, I sure as hell don't know everything. But I also don't try and use my friends as an excuse for things I say wrong or that I'm misinformed about.

Well, you're right about friends dude.. I am gunna to research it, when I have a chance to use my cousin's computer

Am glad that you're trying to be nice to me LOL

Anyways thank you very much buddy.

Last edited:
Yes total of 3mm in diameter but taking off 1.5mm from the cylinder wall thickness.

:werd:

Taking 3mm off all around would result in a cylinder wall with a diameter 6mm wider than before...

LS_Vtec's already built bottom end and all you have to do is swap heads and put her in. I know it isn't a B20 but it is already built.

LS_Vtec's already built bottom end and all you have to do is swap heads and put her in. I know it isn't a B20 but it is already built.

yeh i am wait for him to give me the price.

p.s i already have the stock gsr in my 95 honda civic ex coupe:thumbsup:

do you think the b20 block with gsr head/tranny is the best of the motor ? Cause I have the b18c1 engine into my 95 honda civic ex, one of mine friend told me to get the b20 block, do u think should I get the block?
help!

just give me a little advice thanks!

I will start from the beginning. If you are street/having a good time, I would shoot for the B20B block with a B16a head to get ls/vtec. Great low end torque and pulls really well when Autox. daily driver to get places, and have some fun with friends, you pick. Buddy has B18c block and is very nice. He is running 2 seconds slower but it is some thing he can work on. I have a fully built B20B motor with the B16a head and getting 50+ miles to the gallon and having a blast keeping up with vetts.(not the ZO6, she is alittle to quick for me.)

Back