b20 vtec???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I will start from the beginning. If you are street/having a good time, I would shoot for the B20B block with a B16a head to get ls/vtec. Great low end torque and pulls really well when Autox. daily driver to get places, and have some fun with friends, you pick. Buddy has B18c block and is very nice. He is running 2 seconds slower but it is some thing he can work on. I have a fully built B20B motor with the B16a head and getting 50+ miles to the gallon and having a blast keeping up with vetts.(not the ZO6, she is alittle to quick for me.)

You don't get 50 miles to the gallon, don't argue cause you don't get it. There is no question about it.

RwD_crx_06,

that's good that you're doing research :thumbsup:

I will start from the beginning. If you are street/having a good time, I would shoot for the B20B block with a B16a head to get ls/vtec. Great low end torque and pulls really well when Autox. daily driver to get places, and have some fun with friends, you pick. Buddy has B18c block and is very nice. He is running 2 seconds slower but it is some thing he can work on. I have a fully built B20B motor with the B16a head and getting 50+ miles to the gallon and having a blast keeping up with vetts.(not the ZO6, she is alittle to quick for me.)

50+ mpg? There is no fucking way :bs:

Ummm, pretty sure I do. Put 3 gallons of premuim in and get 150+ miles. I do the math and get 50+ miles a gallon.

You can say that all you want, but I'll put my 2007 Civic on it, you don't get 50 mpg, there is no argument about it. The motor in stock form isn't capable of 50 mpg, then you modified it and not in a gas saving manner, not to mention the body really isn't all that aerodynamic either.

Don't make yourself look like a complete jackass, just admit you're wrong while your still in good standing. I don't care about your 2nd grade arithmetic skills either, most of the people on here know how to do basic math.

Alright then, I will take the blow. You really should come check it out when you are in ND some time. I will be more than happy to show ya. Now, l gets get on track with the Q then.

Dude that's sounds awesome!!! Well yeh am street/having a good time, and want to make the motor runnin little bit pretty fast since I got FULLY STOCK GSR on my 95 civic coupe. So yeh...

It also helps that my car weighs less the 1,800 pounds. See if you can lose weight somewhere, unless it looks really nice then leave it be and add some power. That B18c should have no problem getting the power you want, just depends how deep the pockets are and if you and some buddies have time and knowledge to piece it all together.

It also helps that my car weighs less the 1,800 pounds. See if you can lose weight somewhere, unless it looks really nice then leave it be and add some power. That B18c should have no problem getting the power you want, just depends how deep the pockets are and if you and some buddies have time and knowledge to piece it all together.

How do you figure your car is sub 1800 lbs? Not doubting you entirelu but I'm curious...

If it is a crx hf and he has removed 300lbs from it somehow with a b series swap it is possible but how he did that ????

The whole body must be cf and suspension Al.

I thought he had an EG. I have to pay better attention. Still I would like answers out of him.

I don't really know what kind of car the sub 1800lb car is but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt by using the lightest honda ever made as my example.

I don't really know what kind of car the sub 1800lb car is but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt by using the lightest honda ever made as my example.

Well all the civic crx has around 2,000lbs.. He must be remove the junk thing inside of the crx and put LIGHTER rims n etc then its will give around 1,800 lbs on crx since the car is pretty light than all civic...

I have one of the 91 crx HF in back yard without the motor even I can left the car up with friend of mine.. Its not pretty heavy..

yeh. if u put b series motor into crx its will be around 2200 lbs unless you remove any parts that u dont need n etc

A b series motor doesn't weight 250lbs more than a d. There's only about a 50lb difference which would make it weigh in at 2000lbs.

Last thing I have to say is I think it is possible to take 200lbs off a crx hf to make it weight under 1800lbs with a B series swap without cutting the crap out of it.

Sorry for the delay. The price for my built bottom end is $1000 picked up.

well I'm assuming his car is fully gutted if it weighs 1800 lbs

Even so, I still really doubt he's getting 50+ mpg. I mean the HF with the HF engine gets that kind of mileage, but it's because of the HF engine combined with the light-weight chassis. With a B20/VTEC in there there's no way he's getting that kind of mileage. The B20 by itself doesn't get anywhere near 50 mpg...

Back