B20/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need info on b20/vtec. I read that it isnt a good swap durability wise because of the r/s. The rod when pushing the piston on upstroke wears in at the cylinder walls there fore killing durability because the r/s is sorta at an off angle. Thats stock and vtec, that is why the ls and b20 vtec's arent so good. But i heard sleeving can stop that. I also heard that sleeving causes overheating is all of this true to any ones knowledge. If so please explain.

the bad R/S stuff is bullshit

there are MANY people running around with LS,B20/VTEC setups reving over 8k all day with no problems
build it right and it will be reliable ..... do a hack job and it will be a piece of shit
look in the reference section for more info on building an LS,B20/VTEC

only thing ive heard fucking with temps is block gaurds
never heard that about resleeving

90% of the crap you read about B20/VTECs being unreliable is BS. If you build it right, it will last.

Me:

45k miles
8500rpm all the time
No aftermarket parts but pistons/rods

That's all you need to know about reliability. :lol:

Calesta and E are right, build it right. If you want the LS crank then go with a Ls block instead of the B20 block, you will want to resleeve in my opinion anyways. Just do some more research online, talk to people who have actually done this swap and work, e.g. Calesta (assuming he did :) ). The LS/B20 RS is not that far off from it's buddy the ITR/GSR. If done right you should have no problems shifting up up up and up.

Milan

Back