B20 VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Flu_By_U

What is the highest compression that I can run, going with a B20 VTEC setup without the everyday use c-16 race gas? I would like to also know what compression would be with a B20 block with a GSR head is?

b20b w/gsr head = 9.2:1 CR
b20z w/gsr head = 10.1:1 CR

i wouldnt run higher than 12.5:1 on 93 octane unless you run hondata.

Is the question i asked to hard to answer or do u guys dont know?

be patient, someone will answer you if you give it more than 3 hours.

It's all about the tuning...

I ran 12.6:1 compression on my B20/VTEC with 93 octane gas and a VAFC for tuning, and it ran just fine for 45k miles. Just make sure you tune well and you'll be fine.

I've heard to around 9500+, but even if you could think about it, engines with lower redlines last long, the les u rev it the longer it lasts. I don't think that applies to the break in period.

12.5:1 with 2.0L displacement is safe with good fuel management and proper tuning. I wouldn't go too much higher than that. Make sure you use 93+ octane all the time.

As far as rpm, with a stock B20 block, I would stop at 9k. If you went with a sleeved B18 or B20 with good rods and pistons, you shouldn't have any problems almost to 9.5k. If you're going to go that high, though, make sure you have a valvetrain that can hold it without any valve float and cams that have substantial lift/duration in VTEC, or you'll just be beating the engine without any power gains up-top.

Back