B20 Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboHondaGuy

hey everyone im new to this site and i hope this is in the right area... im thinking about building a B20 VTEC setup and i want to run boost on it i plan on running JE 9:1 pistons eagle rods... havent decided on turbo yet or anything but i was just curious what everyones opinions are on this setup, tips, downfalls, comments, dyno numbers on the same setup if you got one... any help would be apreciated thanks guys
oh and i also plan on running about 10-12 PSI on it... and i dont have enuf money for sleeves so that idea is already thrown out

dig around a bit but;

8-10 psi is recommended on a non reinforced block, b20 have thinner sleeves so 8 psi would work well.

also it'll take some money to build what you want anyway, if you can't afford sleeves you can't afford to build a crvtec and turbo it.

do one or the other then expand from there.

180 hp built well is much better than 300 hp thrown together

I've never seen personally b20 sleeve's crack. I've only heard that they are thin and are designed differently than other b series sleeves. I would suggest buying an ls block and buying forged pistons for that. It would be a much safer bet or even a stock ls block to be on the safe side.

Back