b20 vtech help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speedcivic

Aight here we go, i have tampered with the thought of building a crvtec swap but no matter how much i look i cant find any basics or anything other than answers for specific problems. My first question is if it is worth it? Secondly i basically need all the info i can get. If i ultamatly want a 200whp engine what setup will i need to look into. what will i need to make a crvtech have that? I need all the help i can get and i thank everyone in advance.

well. a good pnp head with some aggressive cams...i.e. jun 3 and all bolt-ons and clutch (to hold power) you should be near 200. but alot of people say the block is weak so i don't know about the worth it. also there's the thing of balancing the bottom end. oil issues. blah blah. the bottom end has to be built right which might be costly if it's a budget build.

Step 1: Recognize that the only way your going to get a b20 vtecH is to strap a cheap phone to a b20 block

Step 2: Use the search feature on this site, and article section, it will have all your answers

Edit: Also, you'll have better luck searching if you spell VTEC correctly

IMO, it isn't worth it. You'd be better off getting a GSR, or Turboing an LS or even the b20. The b20's sleeves are weak when it comes to turboing them, you would need to resleeve. If your looking for an all motor. The crvtec is a good track candidate, but not daily driver....same with the lsvtec. The b20 block is strong enough to withstand all motor (depending on copmpression) but shouldn't be overlooked just because it can take the abuse, it just wont take it for long.

The was a site, crvtec.com/b20vtec.com or something like that. Gives you a good explanation of how to do everything. If you have problems finding it search for LSvtec. Technically the b20 block is just an LS block with .2 L more displacement.

Since your goal is only 200 hp, you'd be good with an LS with a low boost set up. It will probably even bring you past 200 with it. I never dynoed my old one but my friends gtech thing estimated hp at around 230 or something like that on 8 lbs on a T3.

it's VTEC

NOTICE, there is no FUCKING H at the end.

Yes, we put an H in Jesus H. Christ, but even in all terms of negativity, there is no H in VTEC.

VTECH makes phones.

VTEC is in Honda's

I think you need to learn that before you even touch a motor- especially considering it says it RIGHT on the fucking valve cover.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 7 2004, 10:35 AM
IMO, it isn't worth it. You'd be better off getting a GSR, or Turboing an LS or even the b20. The b20's sleeves are weak when it comes to turboing them, you would need to resleeve. If your looking for an all motor. The crvtec is a good track candidate, but not daily driver....same with the lsvtec. The b20 block is strong enough to withstand all motor (depending on copmpression) but shouldn't be overlooked just because it can take the abuse, it just wont take it for long.
[post=386903]Quoted post[/post]​

do you have ANY idea what you're talking about?

here, let me answer it for you. No.

please keep your useless hearsay off the board.

ignore that, that was my idiot friend. I've never posted dumbass technical shit like that.

Wow sol you really are pissed off, my bad about the spelling, lol. What engine set up would you recamend for an all motor 200hp? thanks

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 7 2004, 02:34 PM
JDM itr, toda B's, CTR pistons

hondata + dyno time.

done.
[post=387061]Quoted post[/post]​

Can't fucking argue with that!

{Although you could probably do it cheaper....} :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 7 2004, 02:51 PM
it's VTEC

Yes, we put an H in Jesus H. Christ, but even in all terms of negativity, there is no H in VTEC.

VTECH makes phones.

VTEC is in Honda's

I think you need to learn that before you even touch a motor- especially considering it says it RIGHT on the fucking valve cover.
[post=386909]Quoted post[/post]​

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control is tEh Hotness!!!</span>
:lol:

Originally posted by spectacle+Sep 16 2004, 01:06 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 7 2004, 02:51 PM
it's VTEC

VTECH makes phones.

VTEC is in  Honda's

I think you need to learn that before you even touch a motor-  especially considering it says it RIGHT on the fucking valve cover.
[post=386909]Quoted post[/post]​

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control is tEh Hotness!!!</span>
:lol:
[post=391138]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo: I had to leave work and go have a cigarette that made me laugh so hard....

I'll tell u my friends setup and had 205whp. He had a complete b16 built head with ctr intake cam, stock b16 exhaust cam, 3 angle valve job, port and polish. He had Type r intake manifold with type r throttlebody, 310cc injectors, b20b block with 11:1 compression pistons, crank blueprinted and balanced. With 75 shot spray he had 265whp. That was until his shit got jacked.

Back