B20 Vtech Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey i got a 95 civic hatch with a b20 block and a 94 gsr head on it all put together.I know u guys are gonna grill me for this but i am going to run an ls tranny i cant find any gsr's where i live at. I was wondering what are most of you's running cable clutches or hydraulic clutches? And i was wondering if an ls tranny out of a pre 92 integra ls would work? What are your guy's opinions?

Matt

If you got a hydro LS I want it, I'm buying a GSR trans this week or next so I can trade to you plus some cash. I also got a LS cable that is pending sale but if it falls through or you offer me something better you can buy it.

To answer your question
95's are hydraulic, unless you get a conversion you need to use a hydro trans with the accepting clutch.

Hydro clutches go with hydro trannies
Cable clutches go with cable trannies

The Ls tranny isn't the best choice for you, like sohcslammer said you'll fall out of vtec. If you decided to turbo it, it could be better if you have an early spooling turbo which would make it a decent choice but still be slower than a GSR or any other b series trans.

Ok i think you guys made me change my mind I think i am just going to try to find a gsr tranny cuz being slow sucks. I dont have the tranny now but i could get it soon 92 civic that would be a good trade for me but i dont have any extra cash right now but i could get back to you on that. Do you guys know where any gsr trannys are for sale at I live in west virginia.

Back