b20 with a b16a sir2 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok thats wut I thought. Powdermans post threw me off, and made me think I was missin sumthin. Thanks one more time for helpin me out Blanco.

Im still lost on this whole deal. I understand, Blanco, you say use the gears to adjust your clearance, but I dont understand, powderman, how else you can adjust the clearance. I also dont understand what you would do in the case that you cant adjust your gears to get the clearance you want. Thicker head gasket? Is there no other mechanicle adjustment that can be made?[/quot

Sometimes it is necessary to machine the valve reliefs on the pistons just to have adequate clearance but I dont believe that will be a problem at all. That is usually done when running a very aggressive cam with some radical compression.

Sometimes it is necessary to machine the valve reliefs on the pistons just to have adequate clearance but I dont believe that will be a problem at all. That is usually done when running a very aggressive cam with some radical compression.

Thanks for the info. Thats what I was thinkin after I posted that question. I really dont even need to worry about it, the exact same build Im doin has been done soo many times without valve clearance problems that I know mine isnt gunna have any. I was just gettin ahead of myself lol.

Yeah you should be fine as long as your cams are in time with the crank. Just dont get super crazy when using your adjustable camgears. I probably wouldnt go anymore then 3 degrees in either direction. Good luck on your build and keep us posted!

Back