b20 with b16a2 head boost questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fr17724

block b20 with a b16a2 head built for turbo just bought this car engine is in a 1992 civic hatch with 98 front end conversion from radiator support up transmission is gsr act racing clutch etc what would be the best turbo kit for this vehicle also what else would i need im new to all this please be very specific

ok more stuff to add so its a

b20 blk

b16a2 head

gsr tranny

skunk 2 intake manifold

aem cold air intake

skunk 2 exhaust

type r oil pump and fuel pump

^ Ok thats great and everything, but you still need to consider what B said.

You can buy a turbo kit, but still, its better to piece together your own. You save money, and you can also end up with the perfect setup for your application if you really research before you start buying.

yep and you also got to factor in what you want to do with the car. you want a daily with more pep than most cars? you want a car thats more twards drag race? auto X? what do you wnat to do with the car. Figure that out then go from there.

im looking to get approximately 300 whp and keep it street legal ill be driving it late spring to early fall and occasionally i might take it to the track what sites do u reccoment to piece together my own

If you're looking for around 300 whp, theres no reason to go insane with the setup. One thing you need to consider is the stock b20 sleeves are not known to be strong at all. You may want to consider re sleeving your block to keep it reliable.

im looking to get approximately 300 whp and keep it street legal ill be driving it late spring to early fall and occasionally i might take it to the track what sites do u reccoment to piece together my own

street legality might be an issue. it's not based on power output ususally. where are you at?

im in massachusetts the block is sleeved already i was wondering if i just put the turbo kit for a b series vtec from peak boost and pushed like 8-10 psi if that would do damage or if i would be all set and if so would i meet my goal with that kit

I dont know your emissions laws there. Are you sure first off that it does fall under 'legal'? In cali, you can't turbo a car unless its been approved by the BAR or it's a carb exempt turbo kit which there's only a few of.

Very nice that your block is sleaved already. Do you know if you have forged pistons? Any info you can provide about the pistons and rods. Stock pistons probably can't handle that much all day long without a really nice tune, but forged should be able to take more than that. I don't have any experiance with your setup but Id speculate 10psi would put you over your 300whp goal.

I still wouldnt buy a kit. Piece together your own. You'll get better results. It's not hard.

edits.
out here in indiana some county's you wouldnt be able to do turbo, period. then some other county's dont care at all and never look at or emissions test your car at all.

and if you know your compression level too, that's always helpful.

Last edited:
the pistons are not forged and either are the rods what kind should i got with as for e missions i got some one here who can get me to pass also i just bought a s300 hondata e manage ill get compression ratio for ya asap

i apoligize i got all the receipts from the engine builder the block has been sleeved it has forged pistons and rods sorry bout that

Back