b20 worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c97x

sorry boss, its turbo
do you guys think the b20 engine is worth the price, ive decided im gonna switch to a b series and wanna do a swap asap, the b20 is the cheapest to get my hands on, i would love a gsr motor but i doubt it will happen, so is a b20 a good value. from what ive found parts from other b series fit right on it.

im sick of having my ass beat by vw's

From what I hear they are definetely worth the price.

There's a white EG that runs out at the local track.. ran a 13.40 all motor, b16 tranny, cams, and pistons i think, plus i/h/e of course.. stripped interior..

yeah thats the other thing i was goin 2 ask, what tranny goes with it because they dont come with one, i think this is they way to go good motor good price

Well the tranny that actually goes with it you probably aren't going to want. You can bolt up pretty much any B-series transmission to it, so I would suggest a B16 or GSR tranny. Those trannys are geared for acceleration.

Get one with a P8R head if you an, its got Vtec sized valves 33mm vs the P75's 31mm.

For tranny I'd go with a GSR for a street car, you don't need to have such low gearing as the B16a cause the B20 make more TQ then the other B eninges (remember the old saying, no replacement for displacement)

oh and whatever tranny you get make sure its got an LSD...to help handle the extra Torque;)

Good luck with it, thats the swap I'm planning on as well.

Last edited:
an b20 motor would be sweet. but if you went b20 with a vtec head would be even beter you get about 200 hp with the b20 vtec conversion and if you and get a type r trany that shit would be quick ass hell

well just remember a B20/vtec would cost about the same as a GSR setup if you add up all the parts to build it correctly though. That being said I've seen Dyno's of B20/vtec's that run ~235HP & 151 ftlbs :eek:...now thats a beast.

Back