1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b20 worth it?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by c97x, May 30, 2007.

1. c97x

c97x sorry boss, its turbo

do you guys think the b20 engine is worth the price, ive decided im gonna switch to a b series and wanna do a swap asap, the b20 is the cheapest to get my hands on, i would love a gsr motor but i doubt it will happen, so is a b20 a good value. from what ive found parts from other b series fit right on it.

im sick of having my ass beat by vw's

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

b20s are decent motors for all motor.. mate a b16 or GSR tranny with it and it'll be a beast

1 person likes this.
  3. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

From what I hear they are definetely worth the price.

There's a white EG that runs out at the local track.. ran a 13.40 all motor, b16 tranny, cams, and pistons i think, plus i/h/e of course.. stripped interior..

1 person likes this.
  4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yup, worth it.

1 person likes this.
  5. c97x

c97x sorry boss, its turbo

yeah thats the other thing i was goin 2 ask, what tranny goes with it because they dont come with one, i think this is they way to go good motor good price

1 person likes this.
  6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Well the tranny that actually goes with it you probably aren't going to want. You can bolt up pretty much any B-series transmission to it, so I would suggest a B16 or GSR tranny. Those trannys are geared for acceleration.

7. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

Get one with a P8R head if you an, its got Vtec sized valves 33mm vs the P75's 31mm.

For tranny I'd go with a GSR for a street car, you don't need to have such low gearing as the B16a cause the B20 make more TQ then the other B eninges (remember the old saying, no replacement for displacement)

oh and whatever tranny you get make sure its got an LSD...to help handle the extra Torque;)

Good luck with it, thats the swap I'm planning on as well.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  8. eghatchie

eghatchie New Member

an b20 motor would be sweet. but if you went b20 with a vtec head would be even beter you get about 200 hp with the b20 vtec conversion and if you and get a type r trany that shit would be quick ass hell

1 person likes this.
  9. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

well just remember a B20/vtec would cost about the same as a GSR setup if you add up all the parts to build it correctly though. That being said I've seen Dyno's of B20/vtec's that run ~235HP & 151 ftlbs :eek:...now thats a beast.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted